Be prepared for an emergency situation by stocking your pantry now! Here are over 30 recipes using pantry staples!
One of my local grocery stores looks like something resembling a zombie movie! I’ve never seen anything like it. The coronavirus and what is happening with COVID 19 is real and very scary to a lot of people and they are flocking to the stores to stock their pantry.
My family is not overly concerned, but it never hurts to be prepared in case of an emergency, whether that is now or in the future. Our school district already came down with the official notice that school is closed for at least the next three weeks. Hello! Just in case we end up on lock down, it’s good to know I have enough pantry recipes to get us by.
What are Pantry Recipes?
There are differing opinions on what constitutes a pantry recipe, but to me it means any recipe that uses pantry and refrigerator staples – common ingredients that almost all people have on hand at any given time. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, and that are shelf stable, last a long time in the refrigerator, or can be frozen.
- Non-perishable canned and boxed goods. Beans, rice, pasta, corn, flour, sugar, cereal, breadcrumbs, etc.
- Non-perishable liquids. Chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar.
- Non-perishable condiments. Ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, salsa, jams.
- Longer lasting produce. Onions, garlic, and potatoes.
- Refrigerator Items. Shredded or blocks of cheese, butter, milk, cream, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Frozen Items. Frozen vegetables, fruits, and meats are lifesavers any time!
At the request of many of my readers, I went through my catalog and came up with over 30 Pantry Recipes to get you through a month if you’re stuck at home.
Slow Cooker Pantry Recipes
- Zesty BBQ Chicken
- Taco Soup
- Tomato-Balsamic Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Hurry Chicken
- Italian Lemon Chicken
Chicken Pantry Recipes
- Cranberry Chicken
- Baked Maple-Mustard Chicken
- Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
- Crispy Cornflake Oven Baked Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet
Pasta Pantry Recipes
- American Goulash
- One Pot Chili Mac
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
- Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese
Rice Pantry Recipes
- Mexican Rice Skillet
- Meatballs and Rice Skillet
- Ground Turkey Rice Skillet
- Skillet Rice and Beans with Kielbasa
Casserole Pantry Recipes
Miscellaneous Pantry Recipes
Side Dishes Pantry Recipes
Breakfast Pantry Recipes
Hang in there, everyone and stay healthy!
I hope you love these delicious and easy recipes – if you make any of them, be sure to give them a review on the appropriate page. Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!