This Meatball Rice Skillet with Baby Peas is a delicious and easy weeknight meal all made in one pot. You can use homemade meatballs or buy them. Great dinner option the entire family will love!
My freezer is never without my homemade meatballs and this Meatball Rice Skillet dish is another reason why. It’s such an easy and delicious meal, perfect for any night!
Ingredients for Meatball and Rice Skillet
- Baby peas
- Onion & Garlic
- Chicken broth
- White wine
- Baby peas
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
This is a great one pan meal with some options if you need to switch out some of the ingredients.
- Meatballs – my classic beef meatball recipe is awesome, but you can buy them, too. You can also use turkey meatballs. They can be thawed or frozen when you add them to your pan.
- Rice – you can use either long grain white rice, Jasmine rice, or Basmati rice. Brown rice would probably work, but since it takes about 10 minutes longer to cook, you’ll need more broth.
- Peas – if you don’t like peas, you could add small broccoli florets or cut green beans instead, but they will take longer to cook. Add them to the pan about 10 minutes before it is finished cooking.
- Wine – the alcohol in this recipe lends wonderful flavor and completely cooks off, but if you are opposed to cooking with wine, you can use extra chicken broth in its place.
Other Fantastic One Pot Meals We Love!
- One-Pan Broccoli and Bacon Angel Hair Pasta
- Quick and Easy One Pot Jamalaya
- Skillet Beans and Rice with Kielbasa
- Mexican Rice Skillet
Meatball Rice Skillet with Baby Peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion , finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 16 cooked Italian meatballs , homemade or store-bought
- 1/2-3/4 cup sweet baby peas , thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice to coat.
- Add the wine; cook until rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid, about 1 minute. Add broth and meatballs; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 22 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in the peas, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes to warm through.
- Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Toss in the parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!