This delicious and simple Salsa Verde Chicken recipe only requires a few pantry ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and one pan! Perfect for busy weeknights.
It’s 2012. How many checks have you already messed up by writing 2011 on them? Oh, that’s right…I’m the only one still using a checkbook. What can I say? I’m old school. Some things die hard.
Regardless, it’s another new year. Holidays are over. Winter break is over. Everybody’s back at school, back at work, back at trying to eat healthy and cooking regular meals. Back to getting up at 5am. Again, just me?
Let’s grab the bull by the horns, okay? Seize the day! Learn to make something that we can’t pronounce…something complicated…something that takes 10 hours long and has our back writhing in pain!
Bwahahahaha. Just kidding.
How about something with only a few pantry ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and only uses one pan?
Ya. Now we’re talkin’.
This Salsa Verde Chicken recipe is everything I love
- crazy easy
- fast prep
- one pan
- super delicious
- little clean-up
And while my kids still don’t get excited over any Mexican food, they don’t cry when I serve this. I’ll take it.
Other easy chicken dishes to make!
- Easy Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
- Baked Greek Yogurt Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
Watch the video for Salsa Verde Chicken
How To Make This Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
- 16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa verde
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes , diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- cooked white rice , for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour salsa into the dish.
- Baste the chicken with the olive oil and season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Lay the chicken on top of the salsa in a single layer; toss to coat.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and place under the broiler for a few minutes until melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh tomatoes and cilantro. Serve over cooked white rice.