This Slow Cooker Zesty Barbecue Chicken is crazy easy needing only 4 pantry staples, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. Perfect weeknight meal!
Monday…er…Tuesday! Those three-day weekends always screw me up. Guaranteed I’ll be confused the entire week. But that’s not really anything new. Ha. I do know that my slow cooker is getting used, there will be chicken involved, and I also have cake balls to make.
So we had an, um, interesting weekend. It was sort of a roller coaster of fun and not so fun. Saturday started with me walking into a wall. More specifically, the towel rack in our bathroom. It hit right on the bridge of my nose. And it wasn’t pretty. It’s unclear whether I am just stupid enough to get up at 5am to exercise and not turn on any lights, or if I was sleep walking.
After that Paul and Trevor did some baseball-y things, while Haley and I had a girls afternoon of shoe shopping and lunch.
Then Sunday, I was cleaning my ears and noticed that one of the Q-Tip ends was missing. MISSING. Well, only one place it could be, right? Paul couldn’t find anything in my ear canal, so I tired to ignore it. Off to the movies we went to see The Greatest Showman. Outstanding! That’s one we will own, for sure.
But I spent the entire day completely consumed with worry over my ear, so we finally went to the emergency clinic at 5:30pm.
Nothing in there. The Q-Tip end must have been missing from the start. It’s unclear whether I’m just stupid enough not to notice before putting a pointed object in my ear, or if the nurse lied to me as punishment for me being an idiot.
Sunday we went to Top Golf and stayed for three hours. Because…golf, french fries, and warm couch cushions! But then on the way down the stairs I missed a step and tumbled.
The universe was definitely telling me I should never have left my bed this past weekend.
Anyway, I’m fine. And I have this Slow Cooker Zesty Barbecue Chicken dish to share with you – I’ve made it a few times and at least had the sense to make it again yesterday!
It’s another one of those set it and forget it recipes – crazy easy, using pantry staples, but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
Slow Cooker Zesty Barbecue Chicken
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes , for serving
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the slow cooker.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to plates with some cooked rice or mashed potatoes, and drizzle some of the sauce on top.
Other slow cooker chicken recipes you might like!
Slow Cooker Italian Lemon Chicken – Belly Full
Slow Cooker Tomato-Balsamic Chicken – Belly Full
Whole Chicken in a Slow Cooker – The Little Kitchen
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup – The Reluctant Entertainer