This Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken is crazy easy needing only 5 pantry staples, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. Perfect weeknight dinner for the entire family.
This Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken is one of those set it and forget it recipes – crazy easy, using pantry staples, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. Sweet, tangy, zesty, and delicious!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Recipe
You only need 5 pantry ingredients to make this dish! *Be sure to see the printable recipe card below for measurements & directions!
- Barbecue sauce
- Italian salad dressing
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Barbecue Chicken in Slow Cooker
It doesn’t get much easier than this barbecue chicken recipe. Made in 3 easy steps:
- Season the chicken: sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Make the sauce: combine the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to crock pot: place the chicken and sauce mixture in a greased 6-quart slow cooker and toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 hours on low.
You can serve the chicken breast whole, sliced, or shredded with your favorite sides. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken and serve on hamburger buns with your desired condiments.
What to Serve with Barbecue Chicken
Some favorite side dishes we love served with this dish include:
Other Slow Cooker Recipes to try!
Slow Cooker Zesty Barbecue Chicken
- 12 ounce bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper , to taste
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes , for serving
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the slow cooker.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to plates with some cooked rice or mashed potatoes, and drizzle some of the sauce on top. (Alternatively, you can shred the chicken and serve on hamburger buns with your desired condiments.