Two favorite comfort foods come together in this super easy One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese the whole family will go crazy for!
Some things just never go out of style.
I’m constantly laughing as I watch my kids recreate games from when I was a kid.
Like when they place a strip of tape over their lips and try to talk (didn’t we all do that?) Or when they copy each other and then complain about copying each other (was annoying then…and still is.) And play Jax!
Then there’s spreading Elmer’s glue on the palm of their hands, and anxiously waiting for it to dry so they can peel it like dead skin.
I mean…it’s all awesome.
If there’s another thing that never gets old, it’s mac and cheese. And chili. So I put them together to create them Chili Mac, which is one killer mash-up!
Also awesome. And so delish!
Not only does it taste great, but it only requires one pot and pantry staples. One of my favorite trifectas in cooking!
Other One Pot Meals We Love!
How To Make This Chili Mac Recipe
One Pot Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced small
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Traditional or Marinara pasta sauce
- 10 ounce can mild diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
- 16 ounce can mild chili beans (do not drain or rinse)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and beef; cook until browned, breaking up into crumbles, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Season with a bit more salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and stir in pasta; cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is al dente, about 14 minutes, stirring once near the end to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately, garnished with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.