This Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet is classic chicken pot pie transformed into a skillet dish with noodles instead of a crust. Easy delicious weeknight meal!
Never in all my life have I ever gotten excited, or even been interested in, Chicken Pot Pie.
This skillet dish is awesome. I made it several times in April alone – the kids are already tired of it. Life of a food blogger: no single recipe gets repeated for months, or become obsessed with a meal and make it every single week. Lol.
I don’t remember my mom ever making chicken pot pie. And whenever someone else would serve it to me, it was just off putting. Probably because as a kid, I hated peas, carrots, and celery. And as much as I love a crust, it wasn’t enough to sell me.
Well, fast forward to adulthood where I love peas and carrots. Plus, egg noodles coated in a creamy bath is pure delish.
Doesn’t chicken pot pie have a crust?
Yep, traditional pot pie has a crust. In this recipe, the noodles replace that. It’s just a different take on pot pie, but just as yummy!
This is super simple and quick, especially if you already have your noodles ready and leftover cooked chicken. Great weeknight meal!
Other Skillet dishes you might like!
- Mexican Rice Skillet
- Skillet Beans and Rice with Kielbasa
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet
Watch the video for Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- Cook noodles al dente, according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and peas and carrots; season with the salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in the flour until combined.
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet, along with the chicken. Taste and season with a touch more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
slightly adapted from Delish