Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet is your favorite Chicken Parmesan, but in meatball form. Serve with a simple side salad for a delicious complete dinner!
Oh sure, most recipe sites have a category for desserts, appetizers, and 30-Minute Meals. But how many have a category devoted to meatballs??? HA. I just love them.
These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are my latest obsession. Well, more like obsessed for the last five months. I’ve made them so many times, I just haven’t had a chance to take and edit pictures until now.
I can’t even remember the last time I actually had Chicken Parmesan, really. I mean, it’s been YEARS. But these taste just like it – maybe even better! – in bite size form.
I’ve been serving them with a simple side salad, but you could put them on top of spaghetti just like a classic meatball.
Seriously, put them on your menu this week. You will love them!
Other meatballs to try!
- Classic Italian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Thai Shrimp and Pork Meatballs
- Chicken Chorizo Meatballs
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil ,divided
- 26 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll in the remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Place meatballs in the hot pan (cooking in batches, if necessary, so you don’t overcrowd the pan, adding more of the oil if needed as you go) and brown them on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Wipe the oil out the skillet, then pour in the marinara sauce. Place the meatballs on top of the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, sprinkling the mozzarella on top during the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with pasta, garlic bread, or a salad.