Pepperoni Pizza meets Macaroni and Cheese in this super easy, one-pot dish the whole family will love. Two awesome comfort foods in one!
Who doesn’t love Pizza?! My daughter, that’s who.
And who doesn’t love mac n cheese?! Again, my daughter.
Like, what is going on???? I mean, she doesn’t hate either of them. But there is certainly no love loss. I think all those younger years at Kindergarten and birthday parties ruined her. Because, ya, it’s basically all they serve. It sort of ruined pizza for me, if I’m being honest. Although I got over it! Because…PIZZA.
Last week, I asked my Facebook readers, “What ingredient do you love so much, that if you see it used in a recipe, you’ll want to make it?” It was a really fun thread.
Not surprising, so many people said chocolate. A close second was cheese. Nothing specific – just cheese, in general. And many others said pasta. So, I’d say this recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese is perfect for them!
It’s two classic comfort foods in one. Bonus that it’s super easy, quick, and only requires one pan – you know how much I hate cleaning!
Totally surprising, Haley LOVES this dish. Go figure. I guess she’s not crazy after all.
Other One Pot Mac N Cheese dishes you might enjoy!
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese – Belly Full
- Cheeseburger Macaroni – Belly Full
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Well Plated
- Chicken Enchilada Mac and Cheese – Shugary Sweets
Check out the video and see how to make it!
Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup marinara pasta sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 ounce package mini pepperoni
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups dried macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, marinara sauce, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Saute the onions until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add pepperoni to the pan and mix until wilted, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes and combine.
- Give your broth mixture a quick stir and pour it into the pan. Bring to a boil and add the macaroni.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cover. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the macaroni is done, sprinkle the grated cheeses on top. Stir until melted and serve immediately.