This Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese is two awesome comfort foods in one! This super easy, one-pot dish comes together in just 20 minutes and a guaranteed winner with the whole family.
Another delicious twist on macaroni and cheese is our Chili Mac with ground beef and Mexican spices.
Pepperoni Pizza Mac and Cheese Recipe
Last week, I asked my Facebook readers, “What ingredient do you love so much, that if you see it used in a recipe, you’ll want to make it?” It was a really fun thread.
Not surprising, so many people said chocolate. A close second was cheese. Nothing specific – just cheese, in general. And many others said pizza and pasta. So, I’d say this recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese is perfect for them!
It’s two classic comfort foods in one. Bonus that it’s super easy, quick, and only requires one pan – you know how much I hate cleaning!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this mac and cheese recipe.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Elbow macaroni – A traditional pasta used in mac and cheese.
- Chicken broth – We prefer low-sodium to control the saltiness of the dish.
- Pasta sauce – Use either traditional or marinara.
- Onion – For aromatics and flavor.
- Mini pepperoni – If you can’t find mini pepperoni, simply buy it the slices and cut them into quarters.
- Cheese – Both freshly shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheesy goodness!.
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and crushed red pepper flakes season the pasta dish.
- Olive oil – Used to sauté the onion.
How to Make Pizza Mac and Cheese
This 20 minute, one-pot meal is super easy to make!
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Combine the sauce ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, marinara sauce, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté the onions and pepperoni. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Sauté the onions until soft and translucent. Add pepperoni and mix until wilted. Add the red pepper flakes and combine.
- Add the sauce and pasta. Give your broth mixture a quick stir and pour it into the pan. Bring to a boil and add the macaroni.
- Simmer. Reduce the heat to medium, and cover. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the cheese and serve. When the macaroni is done, sprinkle the grated cheeses on top. Stir until melted and serve immediately.
Video: Pizza Macaroni and Cheese
With pasta, cheeses, and pepperoni, this dish is filling. For more of a complete meal, though, we like to enjoy this with homemade garlic bread and a simple side salad or cucumber tomato salad to balance it all out.
- Storing leftovers. Allow to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator . It is best eaten up within 3 days.
- Freeze. The noodles will absorb a lot of the liquid and tend to get mushy once defrosted, so freezing leftovers is not our preference, but you can. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Reheat. Gently reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave, adding a bit of chicken broth to loosen, if necessary.
More One-Pot Pasta Recipes:
- Skillet Lasagna
- American Goulash
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- Sloppy Joe Pasta
- Bacon and Broccoli Pasta
- Cheeseburger Macaroni
Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 & 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup marinara pasta sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 ounce package mini pepperoni
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups dried macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, marinara sauce, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Saute the onions until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add pepperoni to the pan and mix until wilted, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes and combine.
- Give your broth mixture a quick stir and pour it into the pan. Bring to a boil and add the macaroni.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cover. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the macaroni is done, sprinkle the grated cheeses on top. Stir until melted and serve immediately.