This Skillet Rice and Beans recipe is a quick 30 minute meal that’s crazy flavorful and only requires one pan. Great weeknight meal the entire family will love!
Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was filled with basketball…and baseball.
Yep. Baseball season is officially here. One more game of basketball left and then my life will revolve all around bats and mitts.
My husband plays in an adult league, my son moved up to Single A. AND this year my husband will be coaching. Have mercy! Tell me again why I agreed to all of this?
So, I’m going be in even more need of one pot and slow cooker recipes.
My new favorite is this Skillet Rice and Beans recipe with added kielbasa. It’s a delicious twist on a classic, loaded with protein, and crazy delicious.
I mean…beans, rice, and kielbasa! You just can’t go wrong with this combination. All my favorite things in one skillet. And so so easy!
Heats up really well for leftovers the next day, too!
Other Easy Skillet Recipes We Love!
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet – this fast one-pan skillet dish is filling, full of flavor, and so easy for St. Patrick’s Day or any weeknight dinner!
- Mexican Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet – gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto friendly, and low calorie, too!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Skillet – this easy Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Skillet dish is cabbage rolls deconstructed, with all the same great components and flavors, but half the time!
- Cornbread Hamburger Skillet – cornbread meats sloppy joes! This super tasty dish is easy, quick, inexpensive, and only requires one pan!
- Baked Rice with Sausage and Broccoli – rice, broccoli, and Italian sausage come together for a complete delicious one-pot meal!
Watch the video for Skillet Rice and Beans
How To Make This Rice and Beans Recipe
Skillet Rice and Beans with Kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 14 ounce package polska kielbasa , diced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounce can pinto beans ,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Add the kielbasa and onion; sauté until onions become soft and translucent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth, beans, Italian seasoning, cracked red pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done, stirring once toward the end to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!