Cornbread meets sloppy joes in this Cornbread Hamburger Skillet! A super tasty dish that’s easy, quick, inexpensive, and only requires one pan!
Ok. Wasn’t I just saying last week that I’m ready for lighter, and perhaps healthier, spring time food? I’m such a liar. But it’s unintentional. Blame my friend, Julie! She sent me this Cornbread Hamburger Skillet recipe and I knew immediately I had to make it. Salads were temporarily put on hold.
Like sloppy joes? Like corn bread? Then you will love this. We did. I took one bite and knew right away that I would make this often. It’s super easy, super tasty, quick, only requires one pan, inexpensive, and the kids inhaled it.
Some recipes are just meant to be made all year round. This is one of them!
Other Easy Skillet recipes you might like!
How To Make This Cornbread Hamburger Skillet Recipe
Cornbread Hamburger Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion , finely diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 8.5 ounce package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof sauté pan or cast iron skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in the beef and cook, breaking it up and stirring, until no pink remains, about 4-5 minutes; drain off grease. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the soup, salsa, and ketchup until thoroughly combined.
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl, whisk together the corn muffin mix, egg, and milk. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the corn muffin mix over the beef. Bake, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes until golden browned.