This Easy Creamy Cornbread Casserole is pure comfort and an excellent side dish for the holidays or all year round!
There are a ton of different ways to make cornbread – some recipes incorporate whole milk, some buttermilk, some use honey. There’s your traditional cornbread made in a cast iron skillet and this Cornbread Casserole. ALL GOOD.
This Cornbread Casserole recipe (also known as corn pudding) incorporates sour cream, corn kernels, and creamed corn. I got it from a Minnesota friend when we lived there years ago and have been making it ever since.
Cornbread Casserole Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sour cream
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Cornbread mix (such as Jiffy)
- Canned whole corn kernels
- Canned creamed corn
Corn Pudding Variations
- Why the sugar? Simply because we like it a little sweet. I know that’s like sacrilege to many, but we think it balances out the other ingredients. You can omit it, if preferred.
- Add in some sausage: You can add in a 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled Italian sausage, mixed into the batter before baking.
- Double the recipe: This recipe easily doubles and baked in a 9×13 dish.
This casserole is super easy and delicious, and a great side dish, especially for any holiday dinner!
Cornbread Casserole Video
Other Delicious Casserole Recipes
- Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
- Best Yellow Squash Casserole
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- Creamy Carrot Casserole
Easy Creamy Cornbread Casserole
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8.5 ounce package cornbread mix
- 15 ounce can whole corn kernels, drained
- 15 ounce can creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, butter, and sugar until combined and smooth. Add in the cornbread mix, whole corn kernels, and creamed corn, stirring until combined. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until top is golden.