This Everything Bagel Cheese Ball takes a classic cheese ball recipe up a few notches. Made with just 5 ingredients, including everything bagel seasoning, and 5 minutes of prep, this cream cheese ball will quickly become your go-to party appetizer!
The Best Cheese Ball Recipe
I think it’s a fact that all of the best party appetizers are made with cheese. From hits like spinach dip and 7 layer dip to my favorite jalapeno popper crescent rolls, cheese is the common factor in all the highly coveted appetizers.
This Everything Bagel Cheese Ball recipe is no exception. Made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream, it’s ultra creamy and cheesy. Add the everything bagel seasoning and this cheese ball dip is straight-up super yummy.
It’s one of my favorites because it’s perfect for every occasion – Christmas, New Year’s Eve, game day, and any other day. With just 5 ingredients and a few minutes of prep, it’s the perfect party appetizer to whip up anytime.
This cheese ball recipe is made with just 5 ingredients, so a party appetizer that’s quick and easy to prepare.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cream cheese– Soften to room temperature so it’s easier to blend.
- Cheddar cheese – Freshly shredded will give you the best flavor. You can use mild or sharp cheddar or even other types of cheese like Monterrey Jack.
- Sour cream – Adds a little tang to the flavor and makes the cheese ball dip extra creamy and smooth.
- Worcestershire sauce – Adds a savory depth of flavor that really enhances the appetizer.
- Everything bagel seasoning – I use my homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe, but you can find this in most stores these days. It’s made with sesame seeds, salt, poppy seeds, onion, and garlic for a unique flavor and a little bit of crunch.
- Bagel chips – These are my preferred chip for serving but crackers and pretzels work well too.
Easy Cream Cheese Ball Variations
There are an endless variety of cheese ball flavors – I won’t get into all of those today but I did want to share a few easy ways to change and enhance this everything bagel cheese ball.
- Spice it up. Like things on the spicy side? Add in some red pepper flakes or diced jalapeno.
- Switch up the cheese. Instead of all cheddar, try a combo of cheddar and parmesan or mozzarella. Or use a cheese blend.
- Add some chopped nuts. Some people really like chopped nuts in their cheese ball dip – and it is a great way to add some texture too. Just be sure to chop them up into tiny pieces.
- Make mini cheese balls. Avoid any need for double-dipping by making bite-sized mini cheese balls. It’s super easy and they’re super cute – see my mini pizza cheese ball recipe for some helpful tips.
How to Make An Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
Another reason to love cheese balls? They take literally 5 minutes to prepare!
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Combine the ingredients. Place all of the ingredients (just 2 tablespoons of the bagel seasoning) into a large bowl. Blend with a mixer until well combined.
- Form into a ball. Transfer the mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap and form it into a ball.
- Chill. Wrap the ball in the plastic and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Coat with seasoning. Unwrap the ball and roll it in a plate of the remaining everything bagel seasoning, until covered.
- Serve. Let the cheese ball come to room temperature so it’s soft enough to dip or scoop. Enjoy with chips or crackers of choice.
What to Serve With a Cheese Ball
Cream cheese balls can be served with a variety of dippers. I like to offer up a few different options. Personally, I love serving this with bagel chips since we’re using bagel seasoning. Other good options include:
- Ritz crackers
- Triscuits or Wheat Thins
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Carrots, celery, or bell pepper slices
Video: Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Make it ahead of time. You can make this everything bagel cheese ball up to two days before you would like to serve it. Make sure you wrap your cheese ball in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Then let come to room temperature (or close) before serving, so dipping is easy.
- Storing leftovers. You can store leftover cheese ball dip in the fridge for up to 4 days. Keep it tightly wrapped in plastic and/or transfer it to an airtight container. I would not recommend freezing this recipe.
More Easy Party Appetizers:
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces (2 bricks) cream cheese , softened to room temp
- 1 & 1/2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning , divided
- Bagel chips , for serving
- Place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tablespoons of the everything bagel seasoning into a large mixing bowl. Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, blend on medium speed just until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form the cheese into a ball shape, then wrap it up.
- Place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours for the cheese to set up and flavors to meld.
- Pour the remaining everything bagel seasoning onto a large flat plate.
- Unwrap the cheese and roll it into the seasoning, so it's covered.
- Let come to room temp (or softened enough that dipping/scooping will be effortless.)
- Serve the cheese ball with the bagel chips and enjoy!