They don’t call it Million Dollar Dip for nothing! You only need a short list of ingredients and 5 minutes to make it – whip up a batch for your next get together and watch it disappear!
Easy Million Dollar Dip Recipe
One of my favorite things about game night with our friends is that there always seems to be some new finger food I haven’t ever tried. The latest discovery is this Million Dollar Dip recipe – it includes mayonnaise, crisp crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, almonds, and scallions. Next best thing to the taste is that it only takes 5 minutes to make.
This dip only requires a few simple ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements)
- Mayonnaise – This is the base of the dip.
- Cream Cheese – Blended with the mayo to make the dip thicker and ultra creamy.
- Cheddar Cheese – We like sharp cheddar cheese for this dip. Also, grate it fresh off the block. Pre-shredded cheeses really lack in flavor. If cheddar isn’t your thing, smoked Gouda is also delicious in this dip.
- Cooked Bacon Crumbles: Fry up some crisp bacon and break it into crumbles (or for real easy prep, use Hormel Real Bacon Bits.)
- Slivered Almonds: These almonds give the dip a nutty flavor and nice crunch in every bite.
- Scallions – We love the mild onion and subtle peppery flavor from scallions, plus the green pop of color.
- Garlic – Garlic paste is blended into the mixture for added flavor. Garlic powder can also be used.
- Salt and pepper – For flavor.
Tips for the Best Million Dollar Dip
To make the best tasting dip, keep these things in mind.
- Mayonnaise. This is the base of the dip and provides the best creamy texture, but you can substitute with sour cream or Greek yogurt, if preferred. Keep in mind, it will change the flavor profile.
- Cheese. For optimal results and flavor, I highly recommend taking those few extra minutes to grate the cheese fresh. Pre-packaged cheese lacks flavor and doesn’t blend very well.
- Nuts. We think silvered almonds are the best for this dip, but you can also use sliced if that’s what you have. You can also chop the almonds up into smaller pieces, if preferred.
What to Serve with Million Dollar Dip
Perfect dippers for Million Dollar Cheese Dip are butter crackers like Ritz or a sturdier cracker like Wheat Thins. Salty Kettle chips, pretzels, or pita chips are also great. Or balance out the calories with something healthier like fresh vegetable sticks. Even baked beet chips are delicious with this dip!
Storing Million Dollar Dip
Million Dollar Dip with cream cheese should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 4 days. Give it a good stir before serving again. Freezing this dip is not recommended, as the mayonnaise and cream cheese will have a strange texture once thawed.
More Easy Dips:
Million Dollar Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese , shredded fresh off the block
- 4 scallions , diced small
- 8 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled (or 1/2 cup Hormel Real Bacon Bits)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Dippers: Ritz crackers, pita chips, and/or fresh vegetable sticks
- In a large bowl, mash the cream cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Gently stir in the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, scallions, bacon, slivered almonds, garlic, and a touch of salt and pepper until everything is incorporated.
- Serve dip with suggested dippers.