Cream cheese and lox on a bagel is transformed into a delicious dip for an easy appetizer. Perfect for brunch or Passover!
My boy turns eight at the end of the month. Eight, going on 35.
He originally only asked for two things: a harmonica…and dentures.
Yes, you read that right.
But he later decided a scientific microscope would serve him better than fake teeth. Thank goodness.
Trevor is anything but typical (see above ^^^), with his birthday dinner of choice always being sushi. And this year, he didn’t want cake, but rather a lemon meringue pie. Oh my heart. It was my first attempt and I think I nailed it.
Yesterday we kicked off the celebrations with the family. And I used them all as guinea pigs for this dip. Because, what good is family if you can’t make them taste test things, right?
I saw this cream cheese and lox dip appetizer idea in a magazine, but it didn’t have any measurements. I worked it out.
Thumbs up from everyone. Including Trevor. Not shocking.
Other DIP RECIPES we love!
Cream Cheese and Lox Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers , drained and chopped
- 3 ounces lox (smoked salmon), diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt
- With a handheld electric mixer, In a medium bowl blend together the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Add in the onion and capers until combined. With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the lox and dill. Season with kosher salt to taste.
- Serve with bagel chips or melba toasts.