Classic Tuna Salad and egg salad come together along with sour cream and onion potato chips, for the absolute best combination. Creamy, crunchy, and so delicious. This recipe comes together in 15 minutes and is perfect for potlucks, lunch, or a light dinner!
What’s better than tuna salad and egg salad? When they’re combined! This Tuna Salad Recipe with Egg is the best of both worlds. And bonus, instead of serving it with chips on the side, the potato chips are mixed in, too!
Ingredients for this Tuna Salad Recipe
- Solid white tuna
- Hard boiled eggs
- Mayonnaise and Mustard
- Crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- Dill pickle relish
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, and cayenne
- Bread and lettuce for serving, optional
- Swap out the dill pickle relish for sweet relish
- Use half mayo and half plain Greek yogurt for a more tangy flavor
- Omit the chips and use diced up celery instead, or include both!
Delicious ways to serve Tuna Salad
- Classic sandwich – can’t ever go wrong with traditional! Use sandwich bread, rolls, or a croissant.
- On top of lettuce – ditch the bread and make it low carb by placing tomato slices on a sturdy lettuce leaf, topped with a scoop of the salad. So pretty!
- Stuffed tomatoes – hollow out large tomatoes and stuff with the tuna salad. Perfect for a brunch.
- Tuna Stuffed Avocado – remove the pit from a ripe avocado and replace it with the tuna salad. I LOVE this Tuna Stuffed Avocado recipe.
- Make tuna melts! – place some tuna salad on toasted bread with a slice of provolone cheese on top, and broil for 1 minute.
How long does tuna salad last?
This Tuna Salad recipe will last in the refrigerator, in a tightly sealed container, up to 2 days. If you’re not going to eat it immediately after making, I recommend folding in the chips right before serving, otherwise they get soggy. You want the crunch!
How to Make Tuna Salad
To make this tuna salad recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Make sure to refer back to the article for all the helpful tips!
Other Classic Salad Recipes
Tuna Salad with Egg
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10 ounce can solid white tuna in water , fully drained
- 3 hard boiled eggs , chopped (<< that link is to my preferred method)
- 1 cup crushed sour cream and onion Kettle potato chips
- bread and lettuce , for serving, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, pickle relish, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Gently fold in the tuna, chopped eggs, and potato chips.
- Serve right away on bread or rolls of your choice with some leafy greens, if desired.
- If you’re not going to eat this immediately after making, I recommend folding in the chips right before serving, otherwise they get soggy. You want the crunch!
- Calories are a rough estimate and do not include bread or rolls.