Seasoned chicken, broccoli, golden raisins, celery, and a wonderful creamy dressing come together to make this awesome Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad. A total crowd pleaser, perfect for summer gatherings or all year long!
This Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad is my latest love, you guys! I’ve made it three times in the past month.
There are certain foods that I just cannot resist. Anything made with Oreos (what is it about them???), any Stir-Fry (because Asian flavors and rice. Plus EASY), breakfast casseroles (great for any meal of the day!), donuts (my absolute weakness. sigh.), and pasta salad.
(Actually, just writing that made me think for the first time how odd that even sounds. Pasta. Salad. But “salad” is really just a dish consisting of a mixture of small pieces of food, which can be leafy greens, vegetables, fruits, grains…or pasta! So it all makes sense.)
Pasta salads are just the best, no? Make a small or huge batch, depending on who you’re feeding, choose between a vinaigrette or creamy dressing, pretty much any pasta works, and you can change up your fruits and vegetables for a soft and crunchy or sweet and salty combo, to create all different types of flavors and textures. I mean, they are truly the most versatile dish. Almost anything goes!
For me, they’re also an absolute life saver for potlucks, during the week, and throughout baseball season, because you can make them ahead of time!
We’re in the thick of Little League right now and since Trevor moved up to AAA, most of our games are at 5pm. That means, we either eat dinner at 3pm or 8pm. Or eat nachos from the snack bar every time. What awful options. So, I’ve been making my favorite pasta salads to bring with me; we either eat in between innings or in the car on the way home. Also not ideal, but it works.
I have a go-to pasta salad with ground beef and bacon, and one with summer sausage, so I thought I would play around with one that uses chicken. This one is also perfection.
Other Pasta Salad recipes you might like!
Watch the video for Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (4 cups) dried Radiatore pasta
- 1 pound cooked seasoned chicken breast, diced into small cubes (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 scallions, diced
For The Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In an extra large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until combined and smooth. Add in the cooked pasta, chicken, broccoli, raisins, celery, almonds, and scallions; toss to combine and coat.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.