Seasoned chicken, broccoli, golden raisins, celery, and a wonderful creamy dressing come together to make this awesome Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad. A total crowd pleaser, perfect for brunch, luncheons, potlucks, summer gatherings, and all year long!
I have a go-to pasta salad with ground beef and bacon, and one with summer sausage, so I thought I would play around with one that uses chicken. This one is also perfection and we’re a little obsessed with it.
This Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad has the best combination of flavors and textures, with the perfect amount of creamy dressing. It’s like classic Broccoli Salad, Chicken Salad, and pasta salad all rolled into one!
Pasta Salad Recipe Ingredients
Here are the ingredients needed:
*Scroll down for the complete printable recipe.
- Small pasta – we use Radiatore, which is a fun small shape with lots of grooves to catch the creamy dressing. If you can’t find it, use any other small pasta.
- Cooked chicken – if you’ve got leftovers from a roast chicken, great! If not, you can use a rotisserie chicken.
- Broccoli – cut into bite sized florets.
- Celery – for crunch.
- Raisins – the sweetness from raisins are a great contrast to the broccoli and celery. Use regular, golden, or a combination.
- Almonds – sliced almonds provide some crunch and a nice nutty flavor.
- Scallions – for a subtle onion, peppery flavor.
- Dressing – this dressing the bring it all together includes mayo, sour cream, honey, mustard, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. It’s so good!
Make Ahead and Storage
This can be made up to 24 hours in advance, but ideally not longer than that because the dressing will begin to loosen. If making it ahead of time, keep covered in the refrigerator. I recommend adding in the almonds right before serving, so they maintain their crunch. Give the salad a few good stirs to incorporate everything again.
Any leftovers should be kept in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep up to 3 days, but keep in mind the dressing will become watery over time.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad Video
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (4 cups) dried Radiatore pasta
- 1 pound cooked seasoned chicken breast, diced into small cubes (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 scallions, diced
For The Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In an extra large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until combined and smooth. Add in the cooked pasta, chicken, broccoli, raisins, celery, almonds, and scallions; toss to combine and coat.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.