This Stuffed Avocados recipe uses halved avocados that are filled with tuna salad, then topped with crisp bacon and drizzled with Sriracha-mayonnaise. It’s an amazing easy low-carb, keto friendly lunch or snack!
Other avocado recipes we love include our Guacamole, Broiled Avocado, and Avocado Cream Sauce.
Tuna Stuffed Avocados
Tuna salad was a favorite of mine as a kid and still is today. Nothing quite beats a traditional tuna sandwich on white bread with a side of potato chips, but this stuffed avocados recipe sure gives the classic a run for its money. These tuna stuffed avocados are a simple combination of tuna salad and avocados, topped with crispy bacon, and drizzled with a slightly spicy mayo. They’re easy to make, loaded with healthy fats, high in protein, and satisfying.
Are Stuffed Avocados Healthy?
This tuna stuffed avocado recipe is very healthy! It’s low-carb, keto friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Huzzah! It’s also a high-protein and high-fat (the good kind) that will keep you feeling satisfied after lunch is over, and help you avoid the urge to snack on cookies and crackers.
Stuffed Avocado Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card and measurements.)
- Large ripe avocado
- Canned white albacore tuna, drained
- Golden balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic)
- Garlic powder and pepper
- Sriracha hot sauce
TIP! For ease of drizzling the Sriracha-mayo, place it in a plastic bag, snip the corner and squeeze.
Stuffed Avocado Video
How To Make Stuffed Avocados
To make this stuffed avocado recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Make sure to refer back to the article for more helpful information.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Tuna Stuffed Avocados
- 2 slices bacon , diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon golden balsamic vinegar
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch black pepper
- 1 scallion , diced
- 5 ounce can white albacore tuna, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Saute bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain off grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise, the vinegar, a pinch of garlic powder and black pepper; taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Fold in the scallion and tuna.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and the Sriracha.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed. Fill the hole of the avocado halves with the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with the bacon and drizzle with the Sriracha-mayo.
Reader Questions and Reviews
This looks ‘to die for’ delicious. Definitely going into my recipe queue.