Fresh corn, zucchini, and bacon come together to create an amazing flavorful and easy skillet dish. Serve it as a side or on its own!
The obvious culprit of me not being able to shed those three pesky pounds that have been hanging on since April is desserts like no-bake key lime pie, chocolate and nutella icebox cake, and banana cream pudding – and maybe that is partly the reason – but, really? It’s dishes like this one.
Not because it’s high in fat and calories. But merely because I love it so much, that I end up eating all four servings before, during, and after taking pictures. I sort of hated myself.
I swooned over this Corn and Zucchini Saute so badly. The simplest of ingredients, and only seven at that, but they just created such a medley of flavors!
My friend Brandi gave me some enormous squash from her garden, and originally I was like, “Omg, what on earth will I do with so much zucchini???” But now I know. I will be making this again tomorrow and the next day.
Serve it as the intended side dish, or do what I did and make it for lunch!
other corn and zucchini recipes we love
Corn and Zucchini Sauté
- 3 slices bacon , diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion , diced
- 3/4 pound zucchini , diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 ears yellow or white corn , husks and silks removed, kernels cut off cob
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté bacon in a large nonstick skillet until some of the fat has rendered, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the butter and onion; sauté for 5 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
- Add in corn kernels, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!