Look no further for the best grilled chicken marinade recipe! It’s so easy and healthy and produces no-fail moist and delicious grilled chicken. This easy chicken recipe can be enjoyed with any vegetable for a quick weeknight meal. Use up any left overs in a salad or sandwich the next day!
Once upon a time, I had an outdoor grill that was hooked up to the gas line – just turned it on any time, no worries of running out of gas. Grill, grill, grill. Those were the days.
The way our house is now, it would cost a lot of money to make that set up happen. So, I suffer through using propane tanks. And I go through a lot of them. Such a pain. #firstworldproblems
I grill a lot. Mostly ribs, burgers, brats, shrimp, and chicken. Wait, I guess that covers most things!
I think everyone should have a good basic grilled chicken recipe in their arsenal. This one is mine.
Garlic, herbs, lemon. It’s honestly all you need to season most food, really!
Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe Notes
- I recommend marinating for 4 hours, or even overnight for the best flavor, but just 1 hour is fine, if you’re in a pinch.
- Fresh herbs are ideal in this recipe, but a mixture of 2 1/2 teaspoons (total) dried Italian herbs can be substituted for the fresh.
- To give it some kick, you could add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in a few teaspoons of mustard, to add some tang.
- Save left over cooked chicken the next day for chicken salad or sandwiches!
Other Grilled recipes you might enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Herbs and Lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts in-between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound out to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place chicken in a large resealable ziploc bag. Add all the other ingredients and massage to evenly coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but ideally four.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Clean and oil the hot grill grates. Place chicken directly on grill and cook for 5 minutes; flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°F
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for a few minutes. Slice and serve!