This simple White Bean Dip recipe comes together in minutes and is a perfect healthy delicious snack. Made with lemon and garlic, it’s an easy homemade appetizer that happens to be vegan too!
Easy White Bean Dip Recipe
My friend Melissa made this white bean dip during a visit to LA. And I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say I sat at the kitchen table 85% of the evening eating this dip. Not wanting to ruin my appetite for dinner, I kept pushing the bowl and carrots away from me, “Okay. Last one.” I think I did that about 20 times.
Two days later, after we had all returned home, I begged for the recipe. I’ve made it myself since then so many times. It’s perfect in the afternoon when I get that uncontrollable urge to snack, usually in the form of cookies.
Why We Love It
- It’s so easy and quick to put together. Combine everything together in a food processor, then scoop into a bowl and you’re done!
- This bean dip has the greatest flavors – garlic and lemon, blended together with fresh herbs.
- The texture. It’s got a nice creamy texture, similar to that of Hummus.
- It’s nutritious. It’s a healthy, yet super delicious and satisfying vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, non-dairy, low calorie snack.
This bean dip is made with just a handful of ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cannellini beans – Our star ingredient. We keep it super simple and use canned, drained and rinsed.
- Garlic – For aromatics and awesome flavor.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh for optimal flavor.
- Olive oil – Give the dip richness and helps make it creamy.
- Herbs – fresh Italian parsley leaves and dried oregano.
- Seasonings – Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Use great white northern beans if you can’t find cannellini beans. They are very similar.
- Roast your garlic before adding it to give a slightly caramelized flavor to this dip.
- Try using thyme or marjoram in place of the oregano to get a slightly different flavor.
How To Make Bean Dip
To make this bean dip recipe, you simply place all the ingredients in a food processor, pulse until smooth and combined, then scoop into a bowl and you’re done! For details, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Here are some tips to remember:
- Use fresh lemon and garlic as that will really enhance the flavor of this dip.
- This recipe calls for kosher salt, which is less salty than table salt. If you use table salt, start with 1/4 teaspoon then taste and add more if needed.
- Be sure and rinse the beans! Beans are canned in water and salt, and while safe to eat it can be sort of gross. Put them in a strainer and run them under cold water until the film is gone.
More Healthier Dip Recipes:
White Bean Dip
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl and serve with pita chips and freshly cut vegetables.
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis