Be whisked away to the Mediterranean with this bright, fresh, and delicious Greek Layered Dip! No cooking required and is super quick and easy to assemble. It’s also vegetarian and gluten free, accommodating several diets. Perfect for game day, an afternoon snack, or any get-together.
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing awesome relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Greek Layered Dip
Who can ever resist a 7 layer dip! This one has a Greek flair starting with cream cheese, hummus, and Greek seasoning as the base, piled with fresh vegetables and a sprinkling of feta cheese. It’s vegetarian, gluten free, and fairly healthy too, so you can accommodate many different people with dietary restrictions. No cooking required and it comes together in minutes!
Game Day Grub
This year, our normal Super Bowl party isn’t looking much like a party due to social distancing, but there’s no way I’m going to let that come between me and my snacks.
Last week I got another awesome delivery from Safeway. This time my box was packed to the rim with Open Nature pita crackers, O Organics crumbled feta cheese, O Organics sliced black olives, Boar’s Head Tzatziki, and 9 different flavors of Boar’s Head hummus! Perfect for game day.
Have you ever had Boar’s Head Hummus? It’s SO GOOD. Made with premium steamed chickpeas and spices that are gluten free, Non-GMO Project Verified, and certified kosher by the Orthodox Union (<– they’re a big deal.) No artificial preservatives or colors, and no potassium sorbate. Basically, you guys, they’re the real deal without a bunch of weird stuff or fillers. Velvety smooth and so delicious with a long list of both savory and sweet flavors to try.
There was no question I’d be making this Greek Layered Dip for Super Bowl, but before that, my kids and I decided to have a fun little taste test of everything. We ended up devouring the Boar’s Head Everything Bagel Hummus and also the Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus. We polished off the entire container with a big bowl of strawberries in one sitting.
Immediately following, I used the Safeway mobile app to order more and have it delivered the next day. Rinse, repeat. I love their mobile app! I’ve used it so many times in the last year – all of my favorite Open Nature, O Organics, and Signature Select items a couple clicks away.
How to Make Greek Layered Dip
(Scroll to the bottom for the detailed printable recipe) Here’s a summary of what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese blended with garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning.
- Traditional Hummus – I used Boar’s Head. So smooth and creamy!
- Cucumber – diced small, seeds removed.
- Tomatoes – diced small, seeds removed.
- Black olives – I used O Organics sliced black olives. I could just snack on these alone!
- Feta cheese – O Organics crumbled feta cheese that has the perfect salty flavor and soft texture.
- Scallion – diced small.
- You simply blend together the cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a shallow serving dish (or deep 9-inch pie plate.)
- Evenly spread hummus on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and scallions. Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.
And don’t forget the dippers, for serving! We LOVE Open Nature pita crackers, plus vegetable sticks, such as carrots, celery, and red bell pepper.
Any leftovers should be covered tightly and stored in the fridge. It will keep up to 3 days.
What to Serve with Greek Layered Dip
We LOVE serving this dip with Open Nature pita crackers, plus vegetable sticks, such as carrots, celery, and red bell pepper.
Be sure to get all the products featured in this post at your local Safeway!
Watch it Being Made
Other Dips for Game Day
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Greek Layered Dip
- 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese ,softened
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 10 ounce container hummus
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 roma tomatoes ,diced
- 2 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 scallion ,diced
- pita chips or veggies, for serving
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate (or shallow serving dish.) Evenly spread hummus on top of cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and scallions.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.
- Serve with pita chips or fresh vegetable sticks.
Reader Questions and Reviews
what is greek seasoning?
It’s a spice blend which typically includes Mediterranean oregano, garlic, onion, dill, parsley, marjoram and thyme, and sometimes basil, salt, and pepper. It’s located with all the other spices at the grocery store.
This caught my eye first thing this morning! Such a beautiful presentation! Trying it TONIGHT! Thanks,
That looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Made this for a party..I had tripled the recipe….when I went to put it away all the hosts had taken a bit of it to take home…..it was absolutely wonderful…..
Going to make for the Super Bowl!
Just got up, checking my favorite blogs, thinking I should get some breakfast (a cup of yogurt and a cup of coffee). I see this dip, and wish I was eating this for breakfast. It looks so yummy. I’m making this this week. Can’t wait to try it.
I accidentally mixed the hummus in with the “base” ingredients. A delicious mistake! I always make it that way now.
Oooooh, I love that idea. Will try it next time!
I am a lover of all things olive so this is right up my alley! I love how vibrant the colors of this dip are.
Haha I finally got my husband to finally be OK with cucumbers… but he still hates beets. However, thank goodness he LOVES olives or else I might die. This dip is extraordinary… I could probably eat an entire platter myself!
I have to admit, I’m not big on cucumbers…but that’s kind of BECAUSE they have no taste. Olives though…I could eat em in spades! This dip is something i could eat in one sitting. Just saying.
Um yes please. Pass the pita chips and plate :)
These are some of my favorite flavors! What a great summer dip.
I love everything about this dip. My family wouldn’t touch any part of it with a 10 foot pole. More for me :)
This sounds yummy! Will have to try the recipe :-) Thanks for sharing!
Amazing! I love greek food!