Be whisked away to the Mediterranean with this bright, fresh, and delicious Layered Greek Dip! Perfect for a get together or afternoon snack. Super easy and fast to make!
I’m surrounded by olive haters. And cucumbers. Oh, and artichokes. Ok. I get the whole liver and beet thing. I don’t agree with it, but I get it. But olives? Cucumbers? Artichokes?…Really? Cucumbers and artichokes barely even have any taste, for goodness sake!
Anyway. In four years, I think I’ve posted three recipes that have olives. Because, ya, my family doesn’t like them. Poo poo on them.
With olives AND cucumbers, you can imagine how this Layered Greek Dip recipe went over. But I really enjoyed it. I knew I would. I love hummus and feta. And pretty much anything that requires a chip as the utensil scores bonus points. I could live off of dip.
I ate all of it by myself. Not in one sitting. Well, maybe.
This Greek Dip is such a great recipe for weekend get togethers, game day, or an after school snack. Comes together in minutes! It’s vegetarian, gluten free, and fairly healthy too, so you can accommodate many different people with dietary restrictions…who don’t hate olives and aren’t crazy! Ha.
Other easy dips you might enjoy!
Layered Greek Dip
- 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese ,softened
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 10 ounce container hummus
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 roma tomatoes ,diced
- 2 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 scallion ,diced
- pita chips or veggies, for serving
- In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate (or shallow serving dish.) Evenly spread hummus on top of cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and scallions.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.
- Serve with pita chips or vegetables.