This Spiderweb Dip is a super easy and healthy snack to balance out all the sugary treats being served at Halloween time. And it’s fun!
This is a snack dip that I make almost every week, minus the white web. But since Halloween is coming, I put a little holiday spin on it.
I usually make my own hummus from scratch, but a few weeks ago my market had a smokin’ deal on Sabra, so I bought four tubs. I go through it too fast for it to ever spoil.
My kids love hummus, so this is perfect for after school when they’re starving and cranky.
Sort of like me at 4pm when I want to eat my entire pantry.
- 10 ounce container hummus
- 2 roma tomatoes ,diced
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese ,softened
- chopped black olives or fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- pita chips, for serving
- Spread hummus in an 8" round serving dish or pie plate, leaving about a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle tomatoes on top.
- Mash cream cheese in a bowl until soft and spreadable; place in a small ziploc bag. Cut a tiny corner from bag; pipe in concentric circles onto the hummus layer, then straight lines to create the web.