This cheesy Corn Dip recipe is pure comfort food and ridiculously easy to make! Made a little spicy with jalapeno peppers and chiles, it’s baked in the oven until it’s nice and hot. It’s the best Mexican appetizer for any get together!
My husband and I used to own a little house right next door to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant (the best kind, right?) I mean, we literally could step outside our front door and walk about 300 feet and Bam! the best authentic Mexican food. Needless to say, we ate there A LOT. We’ve lived in a few places since those days and were so excited to take the kids back there when they were old enough.
They hated it.
They don’t like enchiladas, or tacos, or burritos, or quesadillas. Who doesn’t like quesadillas??? After many years, I’ve decided they just don’t care for flour or corn tortillas. Or beans. And cumin…. and certainly those things put together. So, you know, Mexican food.
It’s killing me a little.
They do love tortilla chips with salsa, guacamole, or Queso dip, though. Go figure. So I made this Corn Dip when we had friends over, thinking this would surely be a hit, and….success!
Corn Dip Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
*Scroll down for the complete printable recipe card.
- sour cream
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
- canned diced green chiles
- canned sweet corn and diced peppers
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips , for serving
How to Make Corn Dip
This has got to be one of the easiest dips to make in the history of hot dips. Mix everything together in a bowl, transfer to a greased casserole dish, and bake until hot and bubbly. That’s it!
- Leave out the jalapenos if you like things a little less spicy.
- Replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt to give this dip a little protein boost.
- Change up the cheese to whichever one(s) you like best! Or sprinkle cotija on top once it’s done baking to make it even cheesier.
Prep It Ahead Of Time
You can easily make this dip ahead of time! Combine all the ingredients and place the mixture in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. Take the dish out and remove the plastic wrap while you preheat the oven to give the dish a chance to come to room temperature, then follow the baking directions.
Watch the video for Corn Dip
More Dip Recipes To Try!
Other Mexican Recipes we love!
Cheesy Corn Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 11 ounce can sweet corn and diced peppers , drained
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips , for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and black pepper until combined. Add in the Jalapeño peppers, diced chiles, sweet corn, and cheese; stir to combine until incorporated. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until warm throughout and cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips and enjoy!