This Cheesy Corn Dip recipe is pure comfort food and ridiculously easy to make! Made a little spicy with jalapeno peppers and chiles, it’s baked in the oven until it’s nice and hot. It’s the best Mexican appetizer for any get together!
My husband and I used to own a little house right next door to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant (the best kind, right?) I mean, we literally could step outside our front door and walk about 300 feet and Bam! the best authentic Mexican food. Needless to say, we ate there A LOT. We’ve lived in a few places since those days and were so excited to take the kids back there when they were old enough.
They hated it.
They don’t like enchiladas, or tacos, or burritos, or quesadillas. Who doesn’t like quesadillas??? After many years, I’ve decided they just don’t care for flour or corn tortillas. Or beans. And cumin…. and certainly those things put together. So, you know, Mexican food.
It’s killing me a little.
They do love tortilla chips with salsa, guacamole, or Queso dip, though. Go figure. So I made this Cheesy Corn Dip when we had friends over, thinking this would surely be a hit, and….success!
What Makes This Corn Dip So Fantastic
- This corn dip is so easy and quick to put together. Just combine everything in a bowl, then pour it in the dish and bake. Done and done.
- By using different cheeses, it’s versatile!
- You can prep it ahead of time, then bake the day of! Perfect for busy holiday gatherings.
- Coating the dish in cooking spray helps the dip not stick to the pan. If you don’t have cooking spray, simply use a drizzle of oil or a pat of butter and coat the dish with your hands.
- If the dip starts to brown too much on the top or sides, cover it with foil until it’s warmed to your liking.
- You can easily make this dip ahead of time! Combine all the ingredients and place the mixture in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. Take the dish out and the plastic wrap off while you preheat the oven to give the dish a chance to come to room temperature, then follow the baking directions.
- Leave out the jalapenos if you like things a little less spicy.
- Replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt to give this dip a little protein boost.
- Change up the cheese to whichever one(s) you like best! Or sprinkle cotija on top once it’s done baking to make it even cheesier.
Seriously, make this corn dip. It’s really really good. And so easy. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
More Dip Recipes To Try!
Other Mexican recipes we love!
Watch the video for Corn Dip
How To Make This Cheesy Corn Dip
Cheesy Corn Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 11 ounce can sweet corn and diced peppers , drained
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips , for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and black pepper until combined. Add in the Jalapeño peppers, diced chiles, sweet corn, and cheese; stir to combine until incorporated. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until warm throughout and cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips and enjoy!