This Mexican Corn Dip recipe is pure comfort food and ridiculously easy to make! It gets a little heat from jalapeno peppers and chiles, but is balanced out nicely by sour cream and cheese. Baked in the oven until it’s nice and bubbly, it’s the best hot appetizer for any get together!
Easy Mexican Corn Dip
Years ago, my husband and I owned a little house right next door to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant (the best kind, right?) I mean, we literally could step outside our front door and walk about 300 feet and Bam! the best authentic Mexican food. Needless to say, we ate there A LOT.
They served a corn dip that was more like a salsa – we couldn’t get enough of it. Then one day, some lady eating near us said “add some sour cream and mayo to it, bake it, and enjoy it hot. It will rock your world.” She was 100% American. Lol. I loved the idea of this and tried to recreate it at home. I’ve been making it that way since.
This hot corn dip has seen many get-togethers with us and is always a hit with friends and family. The flavors are well balanced with a little heat, sweetness, and tang. All you need is a few minutes to mix everything together, then bake it until the cheese is hot and gooey. So good!
Hot Corn Dip Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this cheesy corn dip recipe:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- sour cream
- chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
- canned diced green chiles
- canned sweet corn and diced peppers
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- tortilla chips , for serving
- Leave out the jalapenos if you like things a little less spicy.
- Replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt to give this dip a little protein boost.
- Change up the cheese to whichever one(s) you like best! Or sprinkle cotija on top once it’s done baking to make it even cheesier.
How to Make Corn Dip
This has got to be one of the easiest dips to make in the history of hot dips. Mix everything together in a bowl, transfer to a greased casserole dish, and bake until hot and bubbly. (Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
You can easily make this dip ahead of time: Combine all the ingredients and place the mixture in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. Take the dish out and remove the plastic wrap while you preheat the oven to give the dish a chance to come to room temperature, then follow the baking directions.
More Hot Dip Recipes:
Other Mexican-Inspired Recipes:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 11 ounce can sweet corn and diced peppers , drained
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips , for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and black pepper until combined. Add in the Jalapeño peppers, diced chiles, sweet corn, and cheese; stir to combine until incorporated. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until warm throughout and cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips and enjoy!