This No Bake Banana Split Lush Dessert is your favorite banana split, but in casserole form. So delicious and decadent, and perfect for parties!
Sister Jen hosted her annual Mother’s Day brunch for our mom, her MIL, and me. And as always, it was delicious. Barbecue Tri-tip sandwiches, corn on the cob, sausage macaroni and cheese, and some olive tapenade that I practically ate myself sick off of because it was so good. Normally she provides dessert too, but I gladly offered.
I made this No-Bake Banana Split Lush last summer and Haley became immediately obsessed. It was her fist exposure to maraschino cherries (which now of course I use as bribery.)
Meanwhile, I’m obsessed with lush desserts. So I made it again for the brunch.
It’s so so good, with layer upon layer of lusciousness. Haley actually declared it’s going to be served at her wedding someday. Lol.
Best thing about lush desserts (aside from the obvious deliciousness!)…you don’t need your oven. Making it perfect for summer and a must the next time you have a crowd over!
other no-bake desserts we love
No Bake Banana Split Lush Dessert
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3 medium bananas , sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounce Cool Whip topping , thawed
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge topping
- 3 ounce box instant vanilla Jell-O pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple , drained completely of all liquid
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries , drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked coconut
- Thoroughly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter until well combined and moist. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Lay banana slices on top in a single layer.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined and fluffy; add in the Cool Whip and hot fudge topping and continue to mix until combined. Spread evenly over the bananas.
- Wipe out the bowl and pour in the Jell-O pudding powder and milk. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until thickened and set.
- Stir the crushed pineapple into the pudding mixture. Pour mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Sprinkle the pecans and toasted coconut flakes over the top. Cut into squares and top each slice with a maraschino cherry!