This No-Bake Banana Split Lush is your favorite banana split, but in casserole form. So delicious and decadent, without the need for an oven and perfect for a make-ahead dessert, so it’s great for parties!
Easy No Bake Banana Split Lush Dessert
Ah, there’s nothing quite like an old-fashioned banana split! Typically made with three different types of ice cream, a banana, maraschino cherries, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chopped nuts, it’s no wonder this childhood favorite is loved by kids and adults alike.
We love creating fun twists on the classic flavors of a banana split, like our banana split dessert kabobs, banana split mini cheesecakes, and this banana split lush. With a buttery chocolate crust, a creamy middle, layers of sliced banana and crushed pineapple, then topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate syrup, and nuts – it’s rich, yet light, and incredibly delicious! So easy, no oven needed, and great for making in advance, so it’s perfect for summer gatherings.
What is a Lush?
Lush (also known as dessert lasagna) is essentially a layered dessert that typically starts with a graham cracker or cookie crust and then has a layer of cheesecake mousse or pudding, and whipped cream. Some versions, like this banana split lush, include fruit or other toppings.
Similar to an icebox cake, lush desserts are no-bake, feed a crowd, and are simply luscious – thus, the name LUSH. If you’ve never had a lush dessert, you are missing out!
You only need a handful of simple ingredients for this banana split dessert recipe:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Chocolate graham crackers and Butter – Chocolate graham cracker crumbs and melted butter are combined and become the base for this dessert. Oreo cookie crumbs are a great alternative, or regular graham cracker crumbs.
- Cream cheese and Sugar – Beaten together for the rich, creamy middle.
- Cool Whip – This is combined with the cream cheese-sugar mixture and also used as the top layer. You can use homemade whipped cream, if preferred.
- Fruit – Thinly sliced bananas, chopped strawberries, and fully drained canned crushed pineapple make up the fruit layer.
- Toppings – Chopped walnuts, chocolate syrup, and maraschino cherries finish the dessert.
- Use Oreo cookies. If you can’t find chocolate graham crackers, crush up 20 whole Oreo cookies into crumbs instead.
- Include some coconut flakes. Lightly toasted coconut flakes are another great topping to add.
- Add more toppings. Nobody would blame you if you wanted to drizzle on some of our homemade caramel sauce or strawberry sauce!
How to Make Banana Split Lush
There are 6 really easy steps to make this no bake dessert. Here’s a summary:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Graham cracker crust. Blend graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground; add in melted butter and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a greased 9×13 dish, then chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cream cheese filling. Beat cream cheese and sugar until combined and fluffy; then fold in 1 tub of thawed Cool Whip until completely combined. Spread evenly over the Graham cracker layer.
- Fruit layer. Top cream layer with even layers of banana, pineapple, and strawberries.
- Cool Whip Topping. Top with the other tub of thawed Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Chill. Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, overnight (or at least 4 hours.)
- Finish with toppings. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries before serving.
Video: How to Make Banana Split Lush
This is best enjoyed right after it’s done chilling, but leftovers will keep up to 2 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. It’s safe to eat after that, but the longer it sits, the softer the crust will get and the fruit will release liquid and make the dessert watery.
More No-Bake Desserts:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Tiramisu Trifle
- Key Lime Cheesecake Parfaits
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
No-Bake Banana Split Lush Dessert
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (see note)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
FOR THE LUSH
- 12 ounces (1 & 1/2 bricks) cream cheese , softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces 2 tubs (8 ounces each) Cool Whip , thawed
- 3 bananas , thinly sliced into rounds
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple , fully drained
- 1 pound strawberries , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts , toasted and chopped
- chocolate syrup , for drizzling
- maraschino cherries , for topping
- Thoroughly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter until well combined and moist. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined and fluffy; then fold in 1 tub of Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over the crust.
- Top cream layer with even layers of banana, pineapple, and strawberries. Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, preferably overnight, but at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries before serving.