This easy No Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert recipe is silky, rich, light, and there’s no cooking involved. With only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep, the hardest part is waiting for it to chill!
When you think of summer fruit, what’s the first one to come to mind? For me, it’s pineapple and watermelon.
Okay okay, I know that’s two fruits, but I cannot imagine summer without either one. Don’t make me choose.
Everyone in my immediate family adores watermelon. In salads, with deli meat, in drinks, and on its own, of course. But pineapple is another story. We are a house divided! Paul and I absolutely love it. My kids? Not so much. They don’t hate it, but I would say it’s one of their least favorite fruits << WEIRDOS.
But we are all on the same page with this No Bake Pineapple Lush dessert, thank goodness! I made it for Easter and everyone loved it.
The bonus part is, even when it’s not summer time, you can still make it, since it uses canned pineapple.
- If you can’t find Nilla Wafer cookies, feel free to use shortbread cookies or graham crackers. All good!
- Sour Cream can replace the Greek yogurt.
- This is best enjoyed right after it’s done chilling, but leftovers will keep up to 2 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. It’s safe to eat after that, but the longer it sits, the softer the crust will get and the pineapple filling tends to get watery.
Bring a little bit of summer into your home early this year. It sure beats the cost of airline tickets to Hawaii!
Other Lush Desserts We Love!
No-Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert
- 4 cups Nilla Wafer cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (, melted)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, (, undrained)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant Jell-O pudding
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip topping (, thawed)
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Blend the Nilla Wafers in a food processor until finely ground; add in the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the crushed pineapple including its juices, the Greek yogurt, and both boxes of the vanilla pudding powder, until completely combined. Spread evenly over the Nilla wafer layer.
- Spread Cool Whip topping evenly over the pineapple layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, ideally overnight.
- Slice and serve!