This easy No-Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert recipe is silky, rich, light, and there’s no cooking involved. With only 8 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep, the hardest part is waiting for it to chill!
Easy No-Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert
When you think of summer fruit, what’s the first one to come to mind? For me, it’s pineapple and watermelon. Okay okay, I know that’s two fruits, but I cannot imagine summer without either one. Don’t make me choose.
While my husband can eat his weight in pineapple, my kids are sort of indifferent. However, we all agree how amazing this pineapple lush is. With a buttery graham cracker base, layers of sweet crushed pineapple and silky whipped cream, and topped with toasted coconut, what’s not to love? It’s rich, yet light, and incredibly delicious. So easy and great for a making in advance, so it’s perfect for summer gatherings!
What is a Lush?
Lush (also referred to as dessert lasagna) is basically a layered dessert that typically starts with a graham cracker or cookie crust and then has a layer of cheesecake mousse or pudding, and whipped cream. Some versions, like this pineapple lush, include fruit or other toppings.
Similar to an icebox cake, lush desserts are no-bake, feed a crowd, and are simply luscious – thus, the name LUSH. If you’ve never had a lush dessert, you are missing out!
You only need 8 simple ingredients for this lush recipe:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Honey graham crackers and Butter – Graham cracker crumbs and melted butter are combined and become the base for this dessert. Nilla wafter cookie crumbs or shortbread cookies are great alternatives.
- Crushed pineapple – Canned crushed pineapple is our star ingredient and also makes this a convenient year-round dessert.
- Cream cheese – This makes the pineapple layer rich and creamy.
- Powdered sugar – For sweetness. Do not use granulated sugar.
- Vanilla instant pudding – Just the powder, do not make the pudding.
- Cool Whip – You can also use homemade whipped cream, if preferred.
- Toasted coconut – Lightly toasted coconut flakes finish the dessert.
How to Make Pineapple Lush
There are 5 really easy steps to make this no bake dessert. Here’s a summary:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Graham cracker crust. Blend graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground; add in melted butter and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a greased 9×13 dish.
- Cream cheese filling. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined and fluffy; then add in the crushed pineapple including its juices, the powdered sugar, and vanilla pudding powder. Beat until completely combined and slightly thickened. Spread evenly over the Graham cracker layer.
- Cool Whip Topping. Spread thawed Cool Whip topping evenly over the pineapple layer.
- Chill. Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, overnight (or at least 4 hours.)
- Toasted coconut. Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top, cut into squares, and serve!
Video: How to Make Pineapple Lush Dessert
This is best enjoyed right after it’s done chilling, but leftovers will keep up to 2 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. It’s safe to eat after that, but the longer it sits, the softer the crust will get and the pineapple filling tends to get watery.
More Pineapple Recipes:
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Pineapple Sunrise Mimosas
- Pineapple Fritter Rings
- Refreshing Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- Super Easy Pineapple Dip
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Upside Down Foil Packets
No-Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert
- 16 whole sheets honey Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter , melted
- 8 ounce brick cream cheese , softened
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple , undrained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding (just the powder)
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip topping , thawed
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted coconut flakes
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Blend the Graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground (your should end up with 2 & 1/2 cups of fine crumbs); add in the melted butter and blend until well combined and moist. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, so it's packed.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy, then add in the crushed pineapple including its juices, the powdered sugar, and vanilla pudding powder. Beat until completely combined and slightly thickened. Spread evenly over the Graham cracker layer.
- Spread Cool Whip topping evenly over the pineapple layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, overnight (or at least 4 hours)
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top, cut into squares, and serve!