This no bake chocolate lasagna recipe (also known as Oreo Lush) has an Oreo cookie crust, a cheesecake-like center, a layer of chocolate pudding, and finished with whipped topping. An irresistible classic comfort dessert that is so easy and always a hit with kids and adults for a summer brunch or all year round!
Oreo cookies are easily my favorite store-bought cookie, making their way into so many of my desserts! So it’s no surprise that this Chocolate Lasagna recipe, with an Oreo cookie crust, is my most beloved Lush. Which is saying a lot, considering how obsessed I am with this Banana Cream Pie Lush and Coconut Cream Pie Lush.
I’ve been serving this Chocolate Lasagna for years, always highly coveted and devoured. If you’ve never made it or eaten it, you must! It’s what dreams are made of.
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
Well, it’s obviously not lasagna – just a fun name for this chocolate dessert that is served as a 13×9 casserole with layer after layer of amazingness, like the classic Italian dish.
Olive Garden serves this dessert, but with layers of cake. This version uses store-bought ingredients including, Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping. It’s lighter, fluffier, more luscious…and I think better!
Chocolate Lasagna Ingredients
There are 4 fabulous layers to this Oreo Lush. Let’s break it down!
Crust Layer – the crust layer is made up of Oreo cookie crumbs and butter. It’s the base of the dessert and a perfect start!
Cream Layer – cream cheese, sugar, milk, and whipped topping are combined for this layer. It’s creamy and smooth, like cheesecake!
Chocolate Pudding Layer – for this layer, instant chocolate pudding and milk come together. Resist the urge to scoop spoonfuls directly into your mouth.
Whipped Topping layer – this gets spread on top and then sprinkled with chocolate chips. Heavenly.
Make sure to coat the pan with nonstick spray, or the crust will stick.
Beat the pudding until it is super thick or it won’t set.
Each step requires chilling. I know it’s hard to be patient, but don’t skip these steps! It’s critical so that each slice isn’t mush.
In order to get pretty clean slices, it helps to place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to cutting, and also wipe off your knife with a paper towel in-between each cut.
Mint Chocolate Lasagna – replace the regular Oreos with Mint Oreos and finish off the top layer with chopped up Andies candies. This is great at Christmas time.
Lemon lasagna – swap out the regular Oreos with Golden Oreos and use instant lemon pudding, instead of the chocolate. Lemon lovers rejoice!
That final touch on top – use mini chocolate chips, ground up Oreos, or chocolate sprinkles on the very top. All fun!
Reduced Sugar – Sugar free instant pudding and whipped topping can be used.
Homemade Whipped Cream – If you are completely opposed to using Cool Whip, you can try this dessert with real homemade whipped cream.
Convert this dessert to parfaits – divide all the ingredients into 15, 8 ounce glasses for Oreo Parfaits so everyone gets their own glass. Super pretty!
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yep! Chocolate Lasagna can be made overnight to be served the next day. Store it in the refrigerator, tightly sealed in plastic wrap.
To freeze it, wrap in plastic and then in several layers of tinfoil. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. (Freezing does not have good results with real whipped cream, though. Only whipped topping.)
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers will keep, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator up to 3 days, although the consistency will loosen over time.
Other Oreo Recipe We love
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits
- Oreo Truffles
- Cookies and Cream Swiss Roll Cake
Other Lush Recipes We love
Watch the Video for Chocolate Lasagna
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- 36 regular Oreo cookies (from a 14.3 ounce package)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounces cool whip , thawed, divided
- 7.8 ounces (2 small boxes) chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Coat a 9×13-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor until finely ground; add in the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Transfer to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in the sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk; beat until combined. Gently fold in 1 cup Cool Whip, then spread the mixture lightly over the Oreo crust. Place in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the pudding and cold milk. Whisk together vigorously until thick, about 2 minutes, then let sit for another 1-2 minutes to thicken more. Then spread over the top of the cream cheese layer. Place back in the fridge for another 15 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Once pudding has set, spread remaining cool whip on top and then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours before serving.