This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is layered with ice cream sandwich bars and some of your favorite sundae toppings. Super easy to make, but looks like you labored all day over it. Great dessert in the summertime and all year round!
If you’re someone who struggles with making cakes and pies, and baking in general, or just never has time for anything elaborate, then this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake will be your best friend. It’s perfect for serving to family and friends, or if you need something for a potluck. Everyone will love you for it!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
We adore a quick-prep, family-friendly dessert. This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe has winner written all over it from the start. It’s a no-bake treat that only requires 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of time to assemble, and it is utterly delicious! Switch up the toppings for a different cake every time. It’s virtually impossible to mess up.
Ingredients you need:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: We use the rectangular kind, but square ones are totally fine, too…you’ll just need more of them.
- Hot Fudge Topping: This is one of the layers. Who doesn’t love chocolate?! You could also make up a batch of our Homemade Chocolate Sauce and use that.
- Caramel Sauce: Another amazing layer. Buy it or make our easy Caramel Sauce.
- Whipped Topping: As much as we love homemade whipped cream, we opt for whipped topping for this frozen treat. Make sure you give it time to thaw before you’ll need it.
- Toppings: We finish this dessert off with mini chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
- Change up the toppings: Top with M&Ms, crushed up Oreos, or shortbread cookies.
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: purchase Neapolitan ice cream bar sandwiches for a chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla combination.
- Match sprinkles for the holidays: Use red, white, and blue sprinkles for 4th of July, pastel sprinkles for Easter, or red and green for Christmas.
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This cake can be assembled in 10 minutes, it’s so easy.
(Scroll below for the detailed printable and exact measurements.)
- Loosen up the fudge and caramel topping in the microwave for a few seconds to make it spreadable, if necessary.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with a layer of the ice cream bars (trim if necessary.)
- Spread half of the hot fudge, followed by the caramel, and then whipped topping over the sandwiches. Sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Make Ahead and Storage
This ice cream cake can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and frozen, tightly covered. Let thaw for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Video
Other No Bake Desserts We Love!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 20 ice cream sandwiches (you may need more if they’re the square kind)
- 2 cups hot fudge topping
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip , thawed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- Microwave the fudge and caramel topping for about 15-20 seconds to loosen it and make it spreadable, if necessary.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with a layer of the ice cream bars (10 of them; trim if necessary.)
- Spread half of the hot fudge, followed by the caramel, and then Cool Whip over the sandwiches. Sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.