This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is made with a simple Oreo crust and creamy, fluffy peanut butter filling. It’s a classic dessert that is always a hit and it’s ideal for making ahead, especially during the summer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
What recipes bring back childhood memories for you? This easy peanut butter pie is one of mine. I remember enjoying this classic dessert at countless family dinners and summer BBQs.
With a 2-ingredient crust and just 5 ingredients in the filling, it’s not difficult to see why this no-bake peanut butter pie is such a favorite. With just powdered sugar in the filling, this version is not overly sweet either, but it’ll definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate-peanut butter cravings.
Here are the few ingredients you’ll need for this no bake pie.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Oreo cookies and Butter – For the crust.
- Heavy whipping cream – Helps to give the peanut butter filling stability.
- Cream cheese – Soften before using.
- Powdered sugar – Makes the peanut butter pie filling sweet but not overly so.
- Creamy peanut butter – Any brand you prefer is fine but keep in mind that natural peanut butters do tend to have a slightly gritty texture.
- Vanilla extract – Adds flavor to the pie.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
You’ll need just 15 minutes – plus chill time – to pull this easy no bake dessert together. Here’s a summary:
(To make this recipe, just scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements and don’t miss the video below.)
- Make the Oreo crust. Use a food processor to process the cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add the butter while pulsing. Press into the bottom of a pie plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Make the peanut butter filling. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth, then slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- Chill. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge.
How Long Does This Need to Chill?
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie needs at least 5 hours in the fridge to set, but ideally overnight. This makes it a great make-ahead dessert, especially if you’re serving guests the next day.
How to Easily Slice the Pie
Be sure to keep the pie refrigerated until it’s time to serve, as the filling will soften! While you can enjoy the pie as-is, I always like to add a few fun toppings just before serving. If you won’t be eating the entire pie at once, you can add the toppings to individual slices. A few ideas include whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or caramel sauce.
Video: How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
- How to store leftovers. Keep any leftover peanut butter pie in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days.
- Can I freeze this? Sure! Allow it to set in the fridge overnight, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
More No Bake Desserts:
- Tiramisu Trifle
- Key Lime Cheesecake Parfaits
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Banana Cream Lush
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust
- 24 whole Oreos
- 4 tablespoons salted butter , melted
For the Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. Stream in the butter while pulsing. Press this into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure to really pack in the crumbs (I like to use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to do this.)
- Place the pie plate into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, whip to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until mixed in. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until there are no streaks left.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the crust and smooth out the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 5 hours until set, ideally overnight.
- Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.