Serving salad in a Parmesan Cheese Bowl could not be easier or more fun!
A cheese bowl, you guys. Not a bowl with cheese in it. A bowl made of cheese. The only thing more fun is a bowl made of chocolate. Am I right?
My young kids might hate Mexican food (grrrr), but at least they love sushi and salad. Pasta salad, for sure. But I’m actually talking about leafy green salads. Ever since they were itty bitty.
Plus, my mom makes a simple house salad that I swear has unicorn tears and pixie dust in it, because whenever my parents come up for dinner, they ask, “Is Nana bringing her salad?”
I’ve been making these Parmesan Cheese Bowls for years. They can be prepared in a skillet, but I prefer my way better by using small nesting bowls and the microwave. Crazy easy.
They fall right in line with my love for an edible food container. Their presentation transforms a boring lunch into a party for one or party for many. Such a fun way to serve salad!
For more salad inspiration check out this awesome post How To Eat Salad Every Day And Like It!
Next time you’re hosting a brunch, baby shower, or holiday dinner, think about serving salad in a cheese bowl!
Watch the video on how to make a Cheese Bowl
Parmesan Cheese Bowl
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
You will also need:
- parchment paper
- 2 small microwave safe nesting bowls
- Find two microwave safe bowls with a 5-inch diameter opening, that nest inside one another.
- Line a large flat plate with a circle of parchment paper; trace a circle around the opening of one of the bowls. Spread a thin layer of grated Parmesan cheese onto the parchment, a bit larger than the traced outline.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute until melted and golden.
- Quickly drape the parchment, cheese-side up, over an upside-down bowl; immediately top with the other bowl.
- Let sit and cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove top bowl and gently invert the Parmesan bowl. Carefully remove the parchment.
- Allow to fully harden, about 15 minutes. Fill with salad and enjoy!