Made with shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, and a few spices, these keto-friendly Mozzarella Pizza Chips have all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza without the carbs. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping!
Looking for more pizza flavored snacks without the crust? Don’t miss our mini pizza cheese balls, which are also low carb.
Easy Low Carb Mozzarella Crisps
Craving pizza but not the carbs? These mozzarella pizza chips are the perfect solution! With just a few ingredients, they have all the flavors of pizza but very few carbs. Some marinara sauce for serving brings it all together for a super yummy snack.
Similar to my dill pickle cheddar chips, these mozzarella chips are great for pretty much any occasion. I like to whip them up whenever I’m craving a salty snack but they make a great party appetizer too.
This delicious and low carb snack requires just 3 main ingredients and a few seasonings.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Mozzarella – Freshly shredded is best for this recipe.
- Pepperoni slices – To give these a pepperoni pizza twist and more flavor.
- Parmesan – Again, freshly grated is best. If possible, avoid the green cans of parmesan.
- Seasonings – Dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and cracked red pepper flakes give these mozzarella crisps the pizza flavor. I like to add chopped parsley as a garnish as well.
- Marinara sauce – For dipping. Either our homemade marinara or your favorite store brand will work.
How to Make Mozzarella Pizza Chips
This easy snack recipe comes together in about 15 minutes, with just 5 minutes of prep.
- Add the cheese. Spray a muffin top pan with nonstick spray. Add freshly shredded mozzarella to each one.
- Add the other ingredients. Top the cheese with two pepperoni slices then add a sprinkle of parmesan and the seasonings.
- Bake. Bake at 375F for about 10 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Cool. Sprinkle parsley on top when you remove the mozzarella crisps from the oven. Cool for a couple of minutes in the pan, then use a dull knife to remove them. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and crisp up a bit.
- Enjoy. Serve with marinara sauce.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips for making pizza chips, plus a few variations.
- What pan should I use? I like to use this muffin top pan as it’s the perfect size and makes removing the pizza chips super easy. However, you could also use a regular muffin pan, mini muffin pan, or even just pile mounds of the mixture onto parchment paper.
- Switch up the cheese. If preferred, you can replace the mozzarella and Parmesan with an Italian blend.
- Use mini pepperoni. Instead of normal pepperoni, you can use a few mini pepperoni instead.
- Cool in the pan. Be sure to allow the mozzarella crisps to cool in the pan for a few minutes before attempting to remove them. The cheese needs to set enough to be solid.
- Omit the pepperoni. For vegetarian pizza chips, just omit the pepperoni. You’ll still have the same great pizza flavor with the seasonings and marinara.
These pizza chips make a great low carb snack. We like to dip them into marinara sauce, which adds the final bit of pizza flavor. Ranch dressing is another option, especially for those ranch lovers, and they’re also tasty just on their own.
How to Store Mozzarella Chips
I recommend enjoying your mozzarella chips the day they’re made for best crispness. However, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for a few days longer.
More Easy Snack Recipes:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Mozzarella Pizza Chips
- 3 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 Pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch of cracked red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- Marinara sauce , for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a Wilton muffin top pan with nonstick spray. (see note below)
- Add freshly shredded mozzarella cheese to each circle.
- Next, add two pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan, dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and cracked red pepper flakes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh chopped parsley.
- Let cool for a couple minutes, then run a dull knife around the edges of the pizza chips to take them out.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plates to drain and crisp up a bit.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!