Whip up this easy 3-ingredient Pineapple Smoothie recipe and be whisked away to someplace tropical! Made with coconut milk, vanilla frozen yogurt, and frozen pineapple fruit, this drink is so delicious and refreshing. Perfect summer breakfast or afternoon snack!
I’ll always remember a few things about meeting my (now) husband – he wore these super cute tennis shoes, could recite movie lines like nobody’s business, loved dill pickle potato chips more than life itself, and could eat a pineapple like it was the last one ever to be grown on earth.
Not much has changed 15+ years later.
This pineapple smoothie is a constant during the summer months and is used as a bargaining chip when I need something. Lol.
I never used to buy pineapple that much. I think I always had it in my head that it’s just too much of a pain to deal with, and too expensive to buy already cut up. Until the OXO ratcheting pineapple slicer came into my life. Now I buy it all the time. It’s one of my favorite fruits to include in recipes as seen in my Hawaiian Pork Sliders, Pineapple and Coconut Rice, Pineapple Dip, and …there’s just so many.
But I’ve also loved cutting it up and freezing the pieces for smoothies in the summertime.
Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
You only need three ingredients for this Pineapple Smoothie!
(Scroll below for the printable recipe card and measurements)
- Light coconut milk
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Frozen pineapple chunks
How to Make a Pineapple Smoothie: grab your blender, toss all the ingredients in (liquid first), and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
Add Some Booze!
Health Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple is loaded with nutrients.
- This fruit is great for gut health, reducing bloat and calming down tummy problems.
- It’s hydrating, with a high water content of about 85-89 percent.
- Pineapple contains 20 milligrams of magnesium per cup, so it helps regulate blood pressure and can help you fall asleep at night.
- Another important nutrient pineapples contains is potassium (180 milligrams per cup), which is an important electrolyte that assists with muscle and kidney function.
- Because of pineapple’s high vitamin C, they’re also good for your immune system.
- And while not scientifically proven, I think eating pineapple makes you happy. HA!
This pineapple smoothie is so light and refreshing, perfect on a hot day. The only thing that would make this smoothie better is if you were drinking it in Hawaii!
Other Pineapple Recipe We love!
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- (Foil Packet) Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Coconut Rice
- And Pineapple Frozen Dog Treats for you puppy!
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups low fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Place all ingredients in a blender (in the order listed) and blend until smooth.
- Pour equally into three glasses and enjoy!
- Unsweetened almond milk can be substituted for the coconut milk.
- For an adult drink, add in 2-3 shots (1 ounce per serving) of rum!