Make summer grilling season complete with these Grilled Thai Shrimp and Pineapple Cucumber Salad. Sweet, spicy, easy, healthy, and wonderful!
This recipe was developed by me for Lee Kum Kee . All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
You guys. YOU. GUYS. Lee Kum Kee asked if I wanted to partner up and I could not be more excited!
I mean, Lee Kum Kee >> maker of over 200 authentic Asian sauces and condiments.
If you’re not a friend or family member, or if you’re new to the blog, know this: I have a weakness for pie, donuts, and Asian cuisine. So, this is like the mothership calling me home. Lol.
My pantry is always loaded with Lee Kum Kee products. They’re made with only premium quality ingredients, and also offer several gluten-free sauce options for those who have dietary restrictions.
Since moving back from Minnesota to California, Paul and I haven’t really found an Asian restaurant that wows us, but whatever. Lee Kum Kee’s products make it so easy for people like me to enjoy authentic, restaurant-quality Asian tastes and flavors at home. And stir fry dishes are so crazy easy to make!
But with summer upon us, I decided to veer from my usual stir-fry obsession and fire up the grill! Their sauces and condiments are a super delicious way to elevate your summer celebrations.
I put their awesome Chiu Chow Chili Oil to great use here with these grilled shrimp and pineapple-cucumber salad.
Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil is an authentic regional chili sauce originating from Chiu Chow, China. It’s prepared from the finest chilies and garlic, then blended with soy bean oil into a delightful spicy sauce. It’s absolutely wonderful on grilled meats, for spicing up pasta salads, and amplifying dressings and marinades. And it’s perfect with this Grilled Thai Shrimp and Pineapple Cucumber Salsa recipe. It gives everything a nice little kick and balances out the tangy lime and sweet honey. So simple and good!
Grilled Thai Shrimp with Pineapple Cucumber Salad
For the Shrimp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound large shrimp ,peeled and deveined, patted dry
For the Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, chili oil, and cilantro until smooth and combined. Add in the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. Let sit at room temperature to marinate while you make the salad.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the honey, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, chili oil, and salt. Add in the pineapple, cucumber, onion, and cilantro; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Oil the grill grates. Place shrimp on the grill for 2-3 minutes, flip over and allow to cook for another 2 minutes, or until pale and pink.
- Place shrimp on individual plates with some of the pineapple-cucumber salsa and sprinkle the cashews on top.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Other Thai recipes you might enjoy!
Thai Chicken Spinach Wraps – Belly Full
Thai Shrimp and Pork Meatballs – Belly Full
Chicken Pad Thai – Spend with Pennies
Thai Iced Tea – A Family Feast