Milk Chocolate Soup with Cake Croutons is classic comfort food repackaged into a fun and luscious dessert soup for chocolate lovers!
I hated living in the snow – the beauty of it just wasn’t a fair enough trade for the hassle. I complained all the time. Paul loved that. Not.
A long time ago, we actually entertained the idea of moving to Oregon or Washington, but guess what? I don’t like rain, either.
California really is the best place for me. So, when we moved back, he said to me, “You’re not allowed to bitch about the cold ever again!”
We were *this* close to an emergency drought situation, until a few days ago when we got our fill. As much as I know we desperately needed it, at day three I was chirping, and Paul said, “You’re not allowed to complain about the weather, remember?!” And I said, “No. You said I couldn’t complain about the cold.”
I could never be married to me.
But I took advantage of being cooped up in the house by cleaning out my closet, baking a pie, and making soup.
Surely, he can endure me whining when I give him this ^^^.
Now that seems like a perfectly fair trade.
Other luscious chocolate desserts to try!
- Chocolate Mousse Pie with Caramel Drizzle and Sea Salt
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits
- Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
- Swiss Roll Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Soup with Cake Croutons
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk , divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips , divided
- 4 slices (1/2-inch each) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3 teaspoons Crisco shortening
- In a medium pot, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in 3 cups of the milk. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips; stir until melted and smooth.
- Transfer soup to a large bowl; cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- For the cake croutons, arrange slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, turning once, until browned. Let cool; cut slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and the shortening in a small bowl and microwave on medium for about 1 minute, stirring once, until melted. Mix to combine.
- To serve, stir remaining 1 cup of milk into the soup; ladle into bowls and top with the croutons. Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
(slightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens)