Sweet and tart and incredibly fantastic, this Easy Lemon Curd Pie is the perfect summer treat. And so easy forming its own top crust as it bakes!
My readers sort of came under attack last year when I didn’t post anything on National Pie Day – all in good fun, of course – but honestly, how can I blame them?
So this year I made certain not to make that mistake again.
And I went a little overboard. Making four pies. HELLO.
But as to not overwhelm you with my pie obsession, I’m only sharing one right now and will save the others for a later time.
It was so hard to choose which one to share first, since I loved them all. But the consensus from the family was that I should lead in with this lemon curd pie.
No argument from me – it was perfect. It’s like my favorite lemon curd with a crust. And crazy easy.
Make sure it cools completely before chilling, and allow to chill for at least a few hours. Don’t skip these steps or it won’t solidify properly.
How To Store Lemon Curd Pie
This pie is best eaten the same day, but will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days, loosely covered.
Disclaimer, friends – this pie is super sweet. If you’ve ever had lemon curd, it’s basically that. And by that, I mean incredibly fantastic. It’s the perfect summer treat, but can certainly be enjoyed all year round!
other lemon recipes we love!
Lemon Curd Pie
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 small lemons , juiced and zested (about 1/3 cup juice)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter ,melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9-inch homemade pie crust ,par baked (or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, flour, salt, melted butter, and vanilla, until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, until top is set. (Cover crust with foil if it starts to brown too quickly, or use a crust protector - I love mine!)
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to fully set.
- Cut into slices and serve!
- Make sure it cools completely before chilling, and allow to chill for at least a few hours. Don't skip these steps or it won't solidify properly.
- This pie is best eaten the same day, but will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days, loosely covered.