This super easy Coconut Pie is sweet, buttery, and crispy. With only 5 minutes of prep! Truly one of the easiest desserts ever.
You guys. THIS PIE. Ohmygod, this Coconut pie.
If you love coconut, you have to make it. You need to make it. Honestly, even if you don’t like coconut, you should make it! It might change your mind.
I’m convinced this pie alongside my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies could solve world peace.
Why is this Coconut Pie Recipe So Great?
- You only need 1 bowl to whisk everything together.
- The filling comes together in just 5 minutes.
- The inside is smooth with slight texture from the coconut, and the outside is buttery and crispy.
- A top crust is formed simply from baking.
Then you wait like an anxious kid for it to bake. And cool.
How to Make Coconut Pie
When I say this is the easiest coconut pie recipe ever, I really mean it. You literally have a handful of ingredients (7 to be exact), which get whisked together all at once, then poured into a pie shell.
Some call this an Impossible Coconut Pie because it even forms its own top crust as it bakes.
How does the top crust form?
While the inside of this pie has a custard-like texture, the top has is crackled and crispy. This happens from the coconut flakes rising to the surface as the pie bakes. Some call it the Impossible Pie
What is the Vinegar for?
This recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Basically the acid provides a nice counterpart to the sweetness, and the chemical reaction allows baked goods to be light and fluffy. I never make this pie without it, but you can omit it if you want.
If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can use regular vinegar or lemon juice in its place.
How to Store Coconut Pie
This pie can sit out for a day (covered with foil.) After that, it should be refrigerated. Either way, it will dry out the longer it sits and is best eaten within a couple days.
You can freeze this pie, but it’s not recommended, since it tends to be watery once it thaws out.
Sweet and sublime. I’ve made it so many times. It’s what dreams are made of!
Other Coconut Recipes
Watch it Being Made
Easy Coconut Pie
- 3 large eggs , beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 9-inch pie crust ,store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the filling ingredients until well combined; pour into the pie shell.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour (cover crust with foil if it starts to brown too quickly, or use a crust protector – I love mine!)
- Let set and cool completely before slicing.
*this post contains affiliate links