This Homemade Cilantro-Lime Dressing only requires a handful of ingredients, but renders incredible flavor and will take any salad or grilled meat up several levels!
Ask people what foods they hate, and there’s usually a laundry list. And these are adults. It’s sort of surprising.
I don’t hate any food that I can think of, although I do have a dislike toward celery, kale, and cilantro. However, I’m starting to think it has way more to do with how they’re used and what they’re paired with than anything else.
This Cilantro-Lime Dressing is a perfect example. Like I said, cilantro and I don’t jive – I will sub in parsley whenever cilantro is used. But this dressing – this dressing where cilantro is basically one of the main ingredients – is my new favorite thing. I kind of want to drink it.
So, apparently I just don’t like little leaves of cilantro sprinkled on my food. Maybe? But if it’s blended with other ingredients I love, then I’m all in.
(The same thing is true for celery. On its own? NO. But I find myself, after years of avoiding it, using it more and more in salads and soups without wincing. Ha.)
This Cilantro-Lime Dressing came from my friend Sherry; she said it’s a recreation of some TGI Friday’s dressing they use on their grilled chicken salad. I’ve never been to TGI Friday’s, but I can totally see this dressing being awesome on grilled chicken.
I’ve actually been putting it on all.the.things. – because it’s so wonderful!
Great as a marinade for grilled chicken, or in these Tropical Chicken Lettuce Cups
And also just drizzled on some (rinsed and drained) canned chickpeas – I’ve been eating this all week. AWESOME afternoon snack!
I adore homemade sauces to the moon and back. Store bought dressings and sauces ain’t got nothing on homemade! And making dressings at home from scratch is SO easy.
You just need a handful of ingredients for this dressing and a blender or food processor. Any leftovers can be stored (sealed) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
extra-virgin olive oil
Next time I make this, I might try and add some plain Greek yogurt for a creamy texture and see how that turns out. But there will absolutely be a next time!
Other homemade dressing recipes we love!
- 1 jalapeño pepper , seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place jalapeño, garlic clove, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Pour in the lime juice, honey, balsamic, salt, pepper, and cilantro leaves; pulse until well blended.
- Leave the food processor running and slowly pour in the olive oil until incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Use on leafy or bean salads or as a marinade for grilled chicken or beef.
- Leftovers can be stored (sealed) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.