This creamy homemade poppy seed dressing is the perfect sweet and tangy flavor combination for fruits and salad, and comes together in just 5 minutes!
Happy post-holiday weekend! …Get ready for the rest of the week to drag. HA. Seriously, why does that always happen?
So, you guys. I have some big news. You ready?
I can finally write vinaigrette on my own, after years and years of relying on spell-check. WHEW. (Now, if only I could say the same about “worcestershire”, my life would be changed. Baby steps.)
Anyway, the focus today isn’t on my spelling issues, or even a delicious vinaigrette.
Let’s talk creamy dressing.
I have two favorites – my Honey Sesame Dressing, which is so awesome on greens, chicken, fish, and french fries << OH YA. And this Poppy seed dressing. Both have that sweet and tangy flavor combo that I adore.
There are about a gazillion recipes floating around for Poppy seed dressing, but I like my version the best. It’s so easy to make, there’s really no reason to buy it.
- Milk may be substituted for the half n half, but it won’t be as creamy.
- You can use Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise, but it will change the flavor profile – more tangy, less sweet.
- White wine vinegar can be substituted for the apple cider vinegar.
How To Store This Dressing
This dressing will keep refrigerated for up to a week in a tightly fitted container.
What to use Poppy Seed Dressing For
You mean besides just drizzling it directly into you mouth? HA. It is wonderful on this Spinach Salad and would also be great for coleslaw and just drizzled on fresh fruit!
Some other Dressings we love!
Homemade Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- pinch of salt
- In medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a clean jar and keep in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use. Shake well before using.
(adapted slightly from Barefeet in the Kitchen)