This is the best broccoli salad recipe! It’s so easy to make, with cranberries, grapes, bacon, almonds, and a wonderful creamy dressing. It will be your go-to for every potluck all year round! Also great for lunch or a side salad for dinner!
My friend, Nicole, made this broccoli salad for me years ago.
Ever since then it’s been my “go-to” salad whenever we have a large group over or are invited someplace where there will be a lot of people. And everyone always asks for the recipe.
I love the crunchiness of the broccoli, the nutty flavor from the almonds, and the sweetness from the grapes and dried cranberries. There’s very little bacon, so it can easily be left out for a vegetarian side.
It’s so good, you go back for second and third helpings. And are bummed when there isn’t any left for the next day.
Since originally making it, and the introduction of Pinterest, I’ve seen a ton of different variations. But this is still my favorite.
You can make this broccoli salad up to 2 days in advance and keep stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container. I wouldn’t recommend much longer than that because the almonds and bacon tend to get too soft and the dressing will loosen. I also recommend waiting until just before serving to fold in the almonds, so they still have a little crunch to them.
Other Salad Recipes To Try
How To Make This Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 head broccoli , cut into small florets
- 2 cups seedless red grapes , sliced in half
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or cherries or raisins)
- 6 scallions , diced
- 1/3 cup cooked chopped bacon pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour mayo mixture over broccoli mixture and combine well.
- Chill for a few hours and serve.