These Apple Pie Parfaits have layers of caramelized apples and homemade whipped cream. An easy and delicious treat for the Fall season or all year round!
Remember 2 weeks ago when I said I wasn’t ready to let go of summer yet? Well, I’m ready.
I keep seeing a ton of soup recipes I want to try. But who wants to make soup when it’s 100 degrees outside? Unless it’s Gazpacho, of course.
There’s also a lot…A LOT…of apple cinnamon bread, apple pie, and apple streusel bars being posted and pinned. I think everyone is ready for a season change.
My favorite Honey Crisp apples are no longer available where I live, but their runner up, the Pink Lady is. So I bought a bunch. And whipped up these Apple Pie Parfaits.
You can use any type of apple for these parfaits, so just use your favorite!
These are wonderful and light, and would make a great end to a Fall meal.
I’m willing Fall to begin with apples. And Cream. Who’s with me?
Other Apple recipes we love!
Apple Pie Parfaits
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large apples , peeled, cored, and diced very small
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- crumbled pie crust or honey graham cracker , for granish
- In a medium non-stick pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute apples, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until they are very soft, but not mushy.
- Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; cook for 1-2 more minutes until completely incorporated.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Evenly distribute the apple mixture and whipped cream, alternating layers, among 6 dessert cups or ramekins.
- Sprinkle with crumbled up pie crust or graham cracker, if desired. Serve and enjoy!