These Easy Apple Dumplings are soft and gooey on the bottom, but crispy on top, and they taste like apple pie. So easy and ridiculously good. Plus the house smells amazing while they bake!
I’ve made these easy Apple Dumplings for breakfast three weekends in a row! I think they’re more of a dessert, though…topped with some vanilla ice cream. Omg.
They’re soft and gooey on the bottom, but crispy on top, and the taste is very similar to apple pie. So easy and ridiculously good. Plus the house smells amazing while they bake!
Apple Dumplings Ingredients
*The complete printable recipe is below
- Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Sprite soda
Why the soda?
The soda adds necessary carbonation – do not eliminate it, or these will not turn out right. By pouring it around the edges of the pan, it creates moisture to cook the dumplings and an amazing crust on the crescent rolls while baking. It also boils down and contributes to the gooey sauce that will make your heart skip a beat.
What kind of soda can be used? 7-Up, Sprite, Mountain Dew, or ginger ale can be used.
How to Make Apple Dumplings
It’s so incredibly easy to make these crescent roll dumplings! Here’s a brief summary (Don’t miss the complete printable recipe and video below.)
- Cut the apples into wedges.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles.
- Wrap the apples in the crescent roll triangles
- Roll up and pinch to seal.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Combine melted butter, both sugars, and cinnamon together, then drizzle over the top of the dough.
- Pour the Sprite to the sides of the dumplings (not on top.)
- Bake until golden brown and apples are tender.
- What kind of apple to use: Any kind of apple works here. Use your favorite!
- Need to feed a lot more people? No problem. Just double all the ingredients and bake in a 9×13 pan.
- Can I make these ahead of time? These are best eaten right away, otherwise the dough gets very soggy.
Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings Video
Other Apple Recipes
Easy Apple Dumplings
- 2 small apples ,peeled and cored
- 8 ounce tube refrigerated Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Sprite soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each apple into 4 wedges.
- Separate the crescent dough into 8 triangles.
- Place an apple wedge near the small end of the dough triangle, then roll up. Pinch the ends to seal. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle butter mixture over the dough.
- Pour the Sprite to the sides of the dumplings (not on top) so a nice crust is formed while baking.
- Bake until golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork, 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve for breakfast or make it a dessert with some vanilla ice cream!