If you love nachos and tater tots, you are going to love these cheesy Totchos! Easy to make, super delicious, and fun to eat!
Why tater tots get a bad rap from some people alludes me. They’re basically shredded hash browns all in a crispy tiny package. My family looooves them.
If you love them, too, and also nachos, you will go crazy for these Totchos, where tortilla chips used for traditional nachos are replaced with crispy tater tots. They’re coated with my homemade taco seasoning, baked, and then loaded with my favorite homemade pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, black olives, and scallions! They’re amazing.
Recipe Variations for Totchos
This Totchos recipe is very forgiving, so feel free to get creative!
- Replace the taco seasoning with some cajun spice.
- Try different cheeses. Mexican blend, sharp cheddar, and Pepper Jack are all great options.
- Add on some black beans or pinto beans.
- Make it more of a meal with cooked and seasoned ground beef, shredded chicken, or chorizo.
Keep in mind that the more toppings you add, the more these Totchos become a meal where a bowl and fork might be needed – buy hey, nothing wrong with that!
Totchos are simply a fun twist on the mega-loved nachos party and game day finger food and a guaranteed hit at your next get together!
Other Tex-Mex Recipes We Love
Other Tater Tot Recipes We Love
These are great as a snack, for lunch, or served to a crowd on game day. Adults and kids alike will love them!
How To Make This Totchos Recipe
Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss frozen Tater Tots with the taco seasoning. Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake Tots according to package directions (about 25 minutes.) Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the Tots and bake for another 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with pico de gallo, sliced black olives, scallions, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is an estimate and only includes the tater tots, taco seasoning, and cheese.
- For recipe variations, please refer to the full article.