This fast one-pan Mexican Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet dish is filling, crazy flavorful, and so easy for any weeknight dinner! Gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto friendly, and low calorie, too!
Anything with icing or cinnamon-sugar is pretty much my downfall. And anything with kielbasa immediately gets my attention.
Totally different foods groups, obviously. But equally loved in my house.
I’ve often said that kielbasa is a lifesaver ingredient.
It can easily elevate soups and rice, it’s awesome mixed with some beans or sautéed on top of mashed potatoes, it makes a great snack on its own, or mixed with other vegetables for a fantastic side or main meal. And since it’s already fully cooked, the prep time in using it is minimal.
Then you put kielbasa and cabbage together…always an awesome combo!
One of my long time Facebook followers, Ralph, mentioned that while driving through Texas, he would often eat at Soulman’s BBQ and order their cabbage and sausage dish with Pico de Gallo. He didn’t give the recipe or ratios, but I immediately knew I would be creating something like it the next day.
And this Mexican Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet was born.
It’s my absolute new favorite thing! I made it two days in a row, we all loved it so much.
If you have the Pico de Gallo already made, this dish comes together in only 15 minutes! Total bonus that it also happens to be gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto friendly, and low calorie!
Other kielbasa recipes we love!
Mexican Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa , cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 small head cabbage , core removed, chopped into 2-inch pieces (5 cups)
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high and add kielbasa. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Then stir occasionally for about 3 minutes until a nice crust has formed on all the pieces. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan with some of the rendered kielbasa fat, add the cabbage. Stir to combine and cook for about 2-3 minutes (depending how tender you like the vegetable), stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the kielbasa back to the pan, along with the Pico de Gallo; take off the heat and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!