You’ll love this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe made Amish style with eggs, tater tots, bacon, and cheese. Can easily be doubled to feed a crowd!
We’re a month into the school year now and both kids being gone full days is glorious – I get so much done in six and a half hours! And I miss them. It’s nice to miss them.
But juggling homework and after school sports is a mess. They come home starving and by the time they finish their snack, it’s past 3. Which means if we do an early dinner, they won’t eat. So I’m serving dinner late most nights after sports – like 7:30. ACK. That’s super late for us.
Breakfast for dinner it is!
A lot of breakfast for dinner. Eggs, pancakes, waffles, quiche, and overnight casseroles to the rescue. Like this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.
Since the kids don’t like baked or mashed potatoes (who doesn’t like mashed potatoes?!! *shakes fists*), I live a life deprived of spuds. But they do love french fries and definitely Tater Tots – their favorite! Trevor could make an entire meal out of them if I let him.
This breakfast casserole was totally easy and delicious. We all loved it. Perfect for breakfast, or in my case, dinner.
Other Breakfast Casseroles we love!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups colby jack cheese
- 3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 scallions , diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon , diced small
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced small
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, colby jack cheese, cottage cheese, scallions, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the bacon over medium-high until crispy; drain off fat.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Fold in Tater Tots.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. (If the edges start to brown too quickly, tent with foil.)
- Let stand 5 minute before serving and enjoy!