This hearty homestyle Make-Ahead Amish Breakfast Casserole is filled with hash browns, cheese, bacon, and chicken sausage. So easy. So good. Perfect for a weekend brunch or holiday get together!
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Several weeks ago I had the great opportunity to hang out at the Safeway headquarters with a lot of other fabulous food bloggers.
We played in their test kitchen with Chef Jeff Anderson and Nutritionist Annessa Chumbley, which resulted in an amazing and wonderful pre-Thanksgiving feast. We also had the pleasure of meeting celebrity event designer, Debi Lilly, who showed us the holiday collection from debi lilly design™, including vases, and then taught us how to create our own floral arrangements to put in them. BONUS, we got to raid their gigantic pantry of O Organics® products. IT WAS FUN. But also very eye-opening!
I’ve been shopping at Safeway forever. FOREVER. There’s one right across the street from my mom and dad’s house. There is one near the house I lived in while attending college (many years ago *cough*), and there’s one down the street from where I live now. But in all these years, I’ve never really realized how much I buy there other than just groceries. I get cold and flu products, toiletries, flowers, birthday cards, and gift cards all at an affordable price – it really is a one-stop shop.
PLUS, they deliver right to your doorstep. I originally used that service when I was ill last summer, but have taken advantage of it a few more times since. Because I’m
lazy busy. You call in your order and they bring everything to you within a few hours. It’s basically awesome. Be sure to take advantage of their holiday offer going on now until 1/14/18. Make a purchase of at least $100 and get $25 off, plus free delivery. Enter code SEASONSEATINGS at checkout.
I usually host Hanukkah dinner, while sister Jen pulls out all the stops for Christmas. She makes a Prime rib that we all look forward to every year. But want to know my absolute favorite part of the holidays? BREAKFAST. Ha. Not only is it the most important meal of the day, it happens to be my favorite. We usually have friends and family in town who stay overnight, so coming up with an easy, delicious breakfast that can feed a lot of people is key.
Amish Breakfast Casserole
This Amish Breakfast Casserole is a family favorite. I’ve been making it for years, sometimes changing the protein from bacon to ham or pork sausage. This year I decided to make it with bacon and Safeway’s Open Nature® Chicken Sausage, available in my area exclusively at Safeway stores, which I use a lot in quiche. Paul said this was his favorite version. It’s so good! And I adore that you can make it right away or prep it the night before. So important at holiday time. Aren’t make-ahead meals just the best?
Whether you’re hosting a huge crowd or just cooking for your immediate family this coming holiday, Safeway has everything you need, you guys!
Don’t live near a Safeway? No worries. You can also find this chicken sausage and all the Open Nature and O Organics products at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Watch it Being Made
Other Breakfast recipes
How to Make Amish Breakfast Casserole
Make-Ahead Amish Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound bacon , diced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 2 links Open Nature Italian Chicken Sausage , diced
- 6 large O Organics brown eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups O Organics shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 1/4 cups O Organics shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high; add bacon and cook until almost crispy, about 6 minutes. Drain off fat. Stir in the onion and chicken sausage; saute until onion is soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Removed from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add in the eggs, cottage cheese, potatoes, cheese, salt, and pepper; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º F. Remove cover and bake for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.