This recipe was developed by me for Star Fine Foods, who I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love!
Blame it on the weather! Our rain spell lasted all of two seconds and now it’s back to sunny and warm.
We’ve really been enjoying our new patio in the afternoon and evenings. I prep a snack, pick up the kids from school, and then go sit out there with them, eat, and hear about their day before they begrudgingly do homework.
STAR sent me a bottle of their Balsamic Vinegar of Modena (which can be found in select Walmart stores) – it’s aged in oak casks, making it thicker than other balsamic vinegars. It’s part of their gold edition for a reason, friends. Have mercy.
Anything with a balsamic reduction gets my attention, but I decided to just enjoy it (this time) in it’s purest form, drizzled over fruit, cheese, and bread. That combination is just perfection – sweet, tangy, light, and refreshing.
Although Paul said, “the cheese and fruit are optional, right?” HA. Sort of!
Strawberry and Nectarine Bruschetta
- 1 French baguette , sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 4 ounces goat cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 ripe nectarine , diced
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (I used STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena)
- 5-6 large fresh basil leaves , cut Chiffonade style
- Combine the strawberries and nectarine pieces in a bowl; set aside.
- Spread the baguette slices with goat cheese and top with the fruit mixture, pressing down slightly to help the fruit pieces stick. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and top with a little basil.