These Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are freshly hulled strawberries, stuffed with an amazing cheesecake mousse. Eat as a snack or serve as a healthy dessert!
Last year around this time, I got to work with the California Strawberry commission. (That Pan-Seared Halibut with Strawberry Salsa is still one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time!) It was definitely one of the highlights of this job.
When I told my son I was going to tour one of the farms and attend a luncheon, his eyes got all watery at the fact he couldn’t go with me. My little strawberry lover. But I assured him I would bring back plenty of fruit to share. And I did!
I was sent home with a bushel and I put them to work in these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries. They’re amazing.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Here’s what you’ll need:
*scroll below for the detailed printable recipe card
- fresh large strawberries
- cold heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese, softened
- vanilla extract
- whole milk
These can also be garnished with julienned fresh basil, crushed Graham crackers, crushed Oreo cookies, or melted chocolate.
How to make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
These stuffed strawberries are made in 3 easy steps!
*Don’t miss the detailed printable recipe card below.
- Clean and Hull: you’ll need to clean, dry, and hull the strawberries first. (Easily done with my favorite huller!)
- Make the Cheesecake Mousse: make the cheesecake mousse, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe filling into the strawberries: Fill each hollowed out strawberry to the top with the filling.
NOTE: You might have some mousse left over, depending on the size of your strawberries and how much you fill them.
- Slice the strawberries in half: instead of hulling the fruit, you can simply cut off the stem, slice them in half, and pipe some of the mousse on top. Just a different presentation, but with the same wonderful taste.
- Add some garnish: These can be garnished with julienned fresh basil, crushed Graham crackers, crushed Oreo cookies, or melted chocolate.
These stuffed strawberries are a great afternoon snack, light dessert, or lovely on a buffet table for a baby shower, bridal shower, or luncheon!
Other Strawberry Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Pie
- Homemade Strawberry Scones
- Perfect Strawberry Smoothie
Stuffed Strawberries Video
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
For The Strawberries
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh large strawberries (about 20), rinsed, hulled and cored
For The Cheesecake Mousse
- 1/3 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
For Serving, optional
- julienned fresh basil
- crushed Graham crackers
- crushed Oreo cookies
- melted chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken; slowly add in 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. Continue to mix until thickened and stiff peaks form. (Do not overheat or it will become overly thick and clumpy.) Pour into a bowl; set aside.
- In the same bowl (no need to rinse out), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Continue mixing and add in the remaining powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Beat until well combined.
- With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until just combined.
- Fill a large plastic Ziploc bag with the mousse mixture, cut off a small corner, and pipe into the hulled strawberries. (Alternatively, you can simply cut off the stem, slice them in half, and pipe some of the mousse on top.)
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!