This Creamy Delicatessen Fruit Salad recipe is a creamy and luscious fruit salad that is perfect for summer, potlucks, holiday gatherings, or a light dessert!
You know that delicious fruit salad you get at your local delicatessen? This is it!
Well, maybe. I don’t know for sure, but this reminds me of it.
When we lived in Minneapolis, we used to frequent a place called Cecils in Highland Park. They had the best Knishes and Hamantaschen. And this salad. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – maybe because it tastes like dessert!
The dressing is creamy and sweet, reminiscent of Ambrosia fruit salad recipes, but minus the marshmallows and Cool Whip. It’s so good! I made a batch just for the four of us and we polished it off the same day. But hey, fresh fruit…so no guilt, right?
Fruit Salad Recipe
(Scroll down for the detailed printable recipe card.) Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fruit Salad Dressing: Cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and granulated sugar
- Fruit: Apples, green and red grapes, canned pineapple tidbits or chunks, and canned mandarin oranges
How to Make Fruit Salad: it so easy to make this! You simply blend the dressing ingredients until creamy and then fold all the fruit into it until combined and smooth.
You can make this up to 12 hours ahead of time, but I recommend serving it the same day you put it all together. The fruit won’t turn brown if you make it in advance, but the mandarin oranges tend to break down a bit the more they sit because they’re so delicate, and the dressing does tend to loosen a bit.
Other salad recipes we love!
- Chicken Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Creamy Corn Salad
- Mexican Rice and Grape Salad
Creamy Delicatessen Fruit Salad
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 medium sweet apples (I prefer Pink Lady or Honeycrisp), cubed
- 1 cup green grapes , cut in half
- 1 cup red grapes , cut in half
- 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits or chunks in 100% juice, drained
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges ,drained
- In a large bowl, whisk (or beat with an electric mixer) together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add in the apples, both grapes, and pineapple; toss to coat. Add in the mandarin oranges and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.