Enjoy summer grilling with these Jerk Steak and Mango Lettuce Cups. Fresh, bright, and healthy!
Whenever Paul sees me marinating a steak, I get two looks – the first is pure joy, and then immediately followed by a half-hearted eye-roll. But mostly joy.
The eye roll comes from years of living with me and watching me constantly doctor things up. “Can’t you just grill a simple steak without all the fluff?” he says. To which I answer “no.” Lol. I also remind him that he loves everything I make, so to just hush and go watch his baseball game.
I had just defrosted sirloin and had a mango that was ripe – like any more ripening and it would go bad.
Nothing says summer like an outdoor grill and fruit. So, why not marry the two and enjoy the best of both worlds?
So I coated the beef with my homemade Jerk Marinade and threw it in the fridge overnight, making these Jerk Steak and Mango Lettuce Cups a no brainer.
This was so easy and TASTY.
I already new the flavor profile from jerk seasonings and mango would work great from my Jerk Turkey Burgers, but I loved these as lettuce wraps. Finger food for the win!
Ah, the things you can come up with when the sun is out and you’ve had enough sleep.
other grilled recipes we love!
Jerk Steak and Mango Lettuce Cups
- 3/4 cup jerk marinade
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin or flank steak
- 1 small ripe mango , peeled and sliced
- 1 scallion , diced
- 8 leaves Boston or Butter Lettuce , split in half
- Combine beef and the marinade in a large plastic bag; toss to coat. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat; coat the grates with oil well.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- Thinly slice against the grain.
- Fill lettuce leaves with steak strips and mango; drizzle with some of the meat juices.
- Eat and enjoy!