This simple pasta dish with zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and Parmesan, is so easy and flavorful. And on the table in 25 minutes! Great weeknight dinner option!
So, we’re getting organized. Our new place is feeling less like a house and more like a home every day.
And what would a home be without music? A little Pink being angry while I’m wiping down the counter tops. Or Weird Al. Or Michael Jackson playing while I clean the toilets. Did I mention that along with my glorious walk-in pantry, the original owner of this house decided to upgrade with surround sound speakers put into the ceiling? It’s, in a word, AWESOME.
But we don’t have a surround sound stereo receiver. Not so awesome. It’s cruel, actually.
Anyway, we’re still unpacking. Cooking anything new or requiring many pots and pans? <<< Not happening.
I’m relying on a few favorite, easy recipes like this one.
You can never go wrong with garlic and Parmesan. And music.
Other Quick and Easy Pasta Dishes!
- Spaghetti Carbonara (One Pot!)
- Creamy Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
- Broccoli and Bacon Pasta (One Pot!)
Pasta with Zucchini and Mushrooms
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini , shredded and moisture removed
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms , chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan, then add the garlic. When the garlic starts to sizzle in the oil, add the zucchini. Season with salt pepper to taste, and the red pepper flakes; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 4 more minutes.
- Add hot, drained pasta to the pan. Toss spaghetti with the zucchini and mushroom mixture.
- Add the Parmesan and mix to combine. Serve hot.