Mushroom Zucchini Pasta is a simple dish with noodles, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and Parmesan. It’s so easy, flavorful, and on the table in 25 minutes. Great weeknight dinner option!
Quick and Easy Pasta Dinner
I love this Zucchini Pasta so much in the summer months when garden squash is in full force, but also come back to this recipe all year round because it’s just plain GOOD. Simple, fresh flavors, with minimal ingredients and nothing heavy. Feel free to toss in some cooked, crumbled sausage if you need to satisfy meat eaters at home.
Zucchini Pasta Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Pasta: Thin spaghetti is my standard pasta for this dish, but you can really use any. Choose your favorite.
- Zucchini: You’ll shred the zucchini and then press out any excess moisture. Leave the skin on for flavor and color.
- Mushrooms: Zucchini and mushrooms are best buddies in this dish. Cremini are preferred over button mushrooms, since they’re more flavorful, but either work.
- Garlic: Lots of garlic. For wonderful aromatics and flavor. Use fresh!
- Olive oil: For sautéing the veggies.
- Seasonings: Just salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Parmesan cheese: With such few ingredients, use the best quality, which means freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, which is infinitely better than anything pre-shredded.
How to Make Zucchini Mushroom Pasta
This dish comes together in 25 minutes, tops. Here’s a brief summary:
(Don’t miss the printable recipe card below with full details.)
- Cook the pasta, al dente.
- Prep and sauté the vegetables. Season and adjust, if necessary.
- Toss mixture with the hot pasta and combine with Parmesan.
- Add sausage: this dish is delicious with the addition of cooked, crumbled pork sausage.
- Include yellow squash: 50/50 combo of zucchini and yellow squash is really good.
- Cut back on the garlic: We LOVE garlic, but if 8 cloves sounds like too much to you, feel free to cut back – but not too much! The garlic lends amazing flavor.
More Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes:
- Spaghetti Carbonara (One Pot!)
- Creamy Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
- Broccoli and Bacon Pasta (One Pot!)
Mushroom Zucchini Pasta
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini , shredded and moisture removed
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms , chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan, then add the garlic. When the garlic starts to sizzle in the oil, add the zucchini. Season with salt pepper to taste, and the red pepper flakes; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 4 more minutes.
- Add hot, drained pasta to the pan. Toss spaghetti with the zucchini and mushroom mixture.
- Add the Parmesan and mix to combine. Serve hot.