Olives, bell pepper, spinach, and feta cheese top orzo pasta in this light and refreshing Mediterranean Orzo Salad. Wonderful as a side dish or a light lunch, and perfect for potlucks. Ready in 20 minutes!
We’re also crazy for this Orzo Salad made with lemon, asparagus, and shrimp.
This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a great mix of Greek and Italian flavors, making it 100% delicious. We love how versatile it is, either as a light vegetarian lunch, or a side dish paired with grilled chicken or salmon. Plus perfect for those of us looking to bring something to a summer gathering.
Sure you can find something similar in the grocery store deli case, but trust me, this homemade orzo salad is so much better and super quick to make.
Orzo Salad Ingredients
You only need a handful of simple, fresh ingredients.
- Orzo: Many people think orzo is a grain, but it’s actually a pasta. It’s a great pantry item to have on hand.
- Vegetables: Red bell pepper, spinach, and scallions.
- Black olives: These add a salty component and a nice contrasting color. Green olives are good, too.
- Feta cheese: We love feta cheese. Its flavor is salty, tangy, and lemony.
- Seasonings: Dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Dressing: Just extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Other veggies: Red onion, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes.
- Beans: Garbanzo or cannellini beans.
- Meat and/or seafood: Grilled chicken or shrimp.
Make Ahead and Storing Leftovers
Everything in this orzo salad blends so well together and great for making ahead of time so the flavors can deepen even more. It’s a perfect dish to bring to potlucks and picnics or pack it for work and skip the cafeteria.
This salad can be made the day before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep up to 3 days.
What to Serve with Mediterranean Orzo Salad
We enjoy this Mediterranean orzo salad year round with so many other dishes. Here are a few ideas:
More Potluck Salad Recipes
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta ,uncooked
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 ounce can sliced black olives ,drained
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 whole scallion ,diced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook orzo according to package directions, al dente, about 10 minutes; drain and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Toss in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Serve warm or cool and enjoy!